New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    a friend of mine (doing buy and sell) is offering my sister a sentra 1.6 automatic that is priced at 240k?

eto ba talaga ang prevailing price? will this be a good buy?

thanks...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by krinkx View Post
    a friend of mine (doing buy and sell) is offering my sister a sentra 1.6 automatic that is priced at 240k?

eto ba talaga ang prevailing price? will this be a good buy?

thanks...
    mababa talaga re-sale value ng nissan cars sir, better check/inspect the unit for satisfaction.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Better check the car first, bring a mechanic with you. Murang mura yan for a 2006 model.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Nope. Better and wise to get a toyota. Cheap to maintain, frugal, high resale value compare to nissan. Peace=)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Better take a second look on why it's that low. I'd expect the price of that model to be at the 280K to 300K range if it were in good condition.

If its in good condition, then that is a good buy.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    240k is below market for an 06... I'd expect that year model to be around 300-350k in good condition. Best to bring a mechanic to find out what's wrong with it.

Mind you... 240k is what you might expect to pay for after negotiation... if that's a negotiable offer, then there may be something wrong with the car, or it's being sold with an "assume balance" clause...

Quote Originally Posted by Tj_abs View Post
    Nope. Better and wise to get a toyota. Cheap to maintain, frugal, high resale value compare to nissan. Peace=)
    Toyota Corolla? High oil consumption at high mileages, hard-to-find oil control valve and electronic parts, crappy shocks...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    240k is below market for an 06... I'd expect that year model to be around 300-350k in good condition. Best to bring a mechanic to find out what's wrong with it.

Mind you... 240k is what you might expect to pay for after negotiation... if that's a negotiable offer, then there may be something wrong with the car, or it's being sold with an "assume balance"

clause...

Toyota Corolla? High oil consumption at high mileages, hard-to-find oil control valve and electronic parts, crappy shocks...

Boss thats my opinion and i wont argue with you. I believed that everyone of us are entitled for opinion whether you like it or not. Im not promoting toyota or any other brands, its just that you could see a lot of toyota vehicle(taxi,company service vehicle,etc) in our shores( literally and statistically) Besides there's no perfect car to speak of.hehe peace=)

8. Join Date
    Aug 2011

Mind you... 240k is what you might expect to pay for after negotiation... if that's a negotiable offer, then there may be something wrong with the car, or it's being sold with an "assume balance" clause...

Lastly, i said 'toyota' in general and not toyota corolla.hehe generally speaking, toyota spare parts are much cheaper po sa nissan. About fuel consumption, toyota has advantage over nissan. IMHO, these are the
    major factors to consider when buying a second hand vehicle. If the mileage is high, expect heavy maintainance.. Peace=)

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    So, which Toyota? The Forts and Innovas with the fiddly fuel pump and injectors that are costly to replace? The more expensive LCs with the common-rails whose parts are even more expensive? Or maybe the Camry 2.2s of the 90s, with parts that are incredibly hard to find?

There's only a few Toyotas that are worth considering for reasons of ruggedness, cheapness of parts and replacement pieces... gasoline Revos and Tamaraws, the great 4AFE Corollas of the 90s and the early Vioses (though many will take issue at the supposed fragility of the ZZ-series engine).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    So, which Toyota? The Forts and Innovas with the fiddly fuel pump and injectors that are costly to replace? The more expensive LCs with the common-rails whose parts are even more expensive? Or maybe the Camry 2.2s of the 90s, with parts that are incredibly hard to find?

There's only a few Toyotas that are worth considering for reasons of ruggedness, cheapness of parts and replacement pieces... gasoline Revos
    and Tamaraws, the great 4AFE Corollas of the 90s and the early Vioses (though many will take issue at the supposed fragility of the ZZ-series engine).
    Bossing out of thread na po tayo. Our main intention here in this forum is to help our fellow tsikoteers and not to argue nor debate with each other. I admire your knowledge when it comes to cars( i love cars also)Like what i said, there's no perfect vehicle. For the sake of argument you posted, you are partially right. Fuel pump and injectors of fort and innova are very expensive(supplier: denso. Due to poor fuel condition, prone to egr clogging as well as scv). On the otherhand, LC spare parts are also
    expensive because of tax duties ( im not sure if LC is made in japan or cbu). Camry, i have no idea. Back to the issue, as a consumer/lawyer/ businessman point of view and for my personal experienced( we have several taxi's like sentra and corolla), maintainance and fuel consumption wise,given the comparison, toyota 'corolla' is much cheaper to maintain ( availability of the parts nationwide either original and replacement) compare to nissan sentra. To give credit, imho, nissan air-con system is way cooler than toyota corolla.. Peace=)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
senta 06 priced at 240k... good buy ba ito?