New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2018
    Manghihingi sana expertise nyo. May nakikipagswap kasi sa civic fd 2011 1.8v ko with 50k mileage. Ang ka swap sir 2008 accord 3.5 v6 with 60k mileage. Both are casa maintained. Gusto nya sir dagdag lang ako 70k cash. Is it a good offer?
    Civic FD 1.8V 2011 vs Accord 3.5 V6 2008

Sent from my HUAWEI KII-L22 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    you want to get rid of your gas-average 1.8 civic, for a gas-guzzling (daw) 3.5 accord that's three years older than yours, and with an additional 10K km on the odometer?
    and you have to give him an additional 70K ?

so, what is the fair market value of that accord, and what is the fair market value of your civic ?

and lastly, as archer below asks, "why do you want to do that?" what makes the accord so... attractive?
    Last edited by dr. d; May 24th, 2018 at 11:55 PM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    3.5 L engine... I wonder how much fuel does it consume? And to think that it is an older model compared to what you have, that you have to pay for it.

If there's something that you want in that particular model that you can't get from your car, then perhaps you can go for it. I mean, something rare that is installed that you cannot simply buy.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    That 270hp 3.5 V6 and the midsize riding comfort must be really tempting. Kung kaya mo yung fuel consumption ng V6, then why not?
    Pero research ka muna about sa common problems ng 8th gen Accord V6. Baka sumakit lang ulo mo pag ikaw na may-ari. As far as I know, common problem yung “Variable Cylinder” something niyan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstealyourgirl View Post
    That 270hp 3.5 V6 and the midsize riding comfort must be really tempting. Kung kaya mo yung fuel consumption ng V6, then why not?
    Pero research ka muna about sa common problems ng 8th gen Accord V6. Baka sumakit lang ulo mo pag ikaw na may-ari. As far as I know, common problem yung “Variable Cylinder” something niyan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Appreciated.

6. Join Date
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    3.5 L engine... I wonder how much fuel does it consume? And to think that it is an older model compared to what you have, that you have to pay for it.

If there's something that you want in that particular model that you can't get from your car, then perhaps you can go for it. I mean, something rare that is installed that you cannot simply buy.
    Good points. Thanks.

7. Join Date
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    you want to get rid of your gas-average 1.8 civic, for a gas-guzzling (daw) 3.5 accord that's three years older than yours, and with an additional 10K km on the odometer?
    and you have to give him an additional 70K ?

so, what is the fair market value of that accord, and what is the fair market value of your civic ?

and lastly, as archer below asks, "why do you want to do that?" what makes the accord so... attractive?
    I'm not familiar with an accord except for the power it offers. Thanks for the inputs.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    That engine probably does not make 270 hp anymore. Age does that to engines.

And have you felt 270 hp on such a heavy car? Its NOT going to feel that fast if that is what you are expecting. Sure it will hit 230kmh easily but its not going to pin you in your seat when you floor it. Old transmission and long gears......

That accord was meant to be a long distance cruiser.. not a sports sedan. And because its heavy and wide...you wont be able to floor it much often in the city.

Gas consumption is easily 4km per liter. You will be lucky with 5 km per liter.

I'd avoid this if i were you.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk Pro

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by geraldharrism View Post
    I'm not familiar with an accord except for the power it offers. Thanks for the inputs.

i guess what i mean is, compared to your civic, that accord is an expensive car to use and maintain. if it does not have something really important to offer you, i would recommend you stick to your current ride.
    i once had a car that drove really nice, but it gargled gas. i gave it up after a few years, in favor of a not-as-nice-to-drive car, but didn't gargle gas.
    good luck, sir.
    Last edited by dr. d; May 25th, 2018 at 08:38 AM.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    That engine probably does not make 270 hp anymore. Age does that to engines.

And have you felt 270 hp on such a heavy car? Its NOT going to feel that fast if that is what you are expecting. Sure it will hit 230kmh easily but its not going to pin you in your seat when you floor it. Old transmission and long gears......

That accord was meant to be a long distance cruiser.. not a sports sedan. And because its heavy and wide...you wont be able to floor it much often in the city.

Gas consumption is easily 4km per liter. You will be lucky with 5 km per liter.

I'd avoid this if i were you.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk Pro
    I totally agree on this. So I'd rather drive "feeling fast" than drive fast. No, I don't want those annoying noisy cars so I'm not referring to those loud exhaust. I have ever been annoyed with those motorcycles​ and owner type jeeps that can wake up the entire neighborhood back when I was a kid until now.

Since you mentioned that you are not familiar with the Accord, I think it would be better if you stay away from it. Again, unless there is something rare that you can get from that car.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast