New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2007
    heres the situation:

im in the process of venturing into a business which will require me to acquire a pickup, it will be used as my personal car and also for about 2x a month hauling.

currently i have a sedan which i will sell to buy the pickup (that's the original plan). as im looking around for 2nd hand pickups, i found some nice rigs within my budget, it made me think to buy the pickup first then sell my car after, since i have the funds readily available.

my budget for the pickup will be within 200-280k range (nissan pathfinder or b2500) including repairs. i would be selling my car for 350k atleast (2005 vios). yung sobra e gagamitin ko pangdagdag sa puhunan sa business ko which should start by the end of june to early july.

is it wise to get the pickup first then sell the car, or the other way around?
    nanghihinayang kasi ako sa mga nakikita kong pickups na sa tingin ko e sulit and i dont think that in just matter of months e magdedepreciate yung auto ko ng malaki.

i just wish i could have both cars but thats not the case.
    i need your inputs on this. salamat

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    If the said business is already started and need a pick up, then go ahead and get rid of the car. But, why need a repair on the prospect truck? Why not look for a better one or bring a mechanic(I mean a really good one) to inspect the truck. Dont believe those words na "maliit lang ang deprensyia" kayang kaya nating gawin yan. Next time you know, one problem after another untill it turn into a full blown headache. Test drive the truck as much as you want, the longer to you drive the more adapted to yourself and you can tell if there is a problem. "Uphill" is the best place to try the tranny if mechanically sound. Try to stop the truck(full stop) at uphill then go if you fell the tranny or engine that is not normal, you have the chances to walk away w/o harming no one. Good luck!

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    salamat sa reply sir.
    sabi kasi nila there's no such thing as "sasakyan na lang" pag 2nd hand car, though im hopeful na makakuha ako ng walang problem talaga AT ALL

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    If you can go on for a while without a car, while looking around for a pick-up, then try to sell your car already asap. Your car is still relatively new and is still depreciating in value fairly faster, than compared to older cars. Reco to sell it now, before it looses a few more thousand of pesos in actual market/resale value.

But if you need to still be mobile enough before getting the pick-up, then no choice but to keep first the car until you get a pick-up.

sell the car first before buying another ride?