New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Hi guys!

I'm planning to buy a 2nd hand Nissan sentra S4 model 1999. I saw many at Buy and Sell in the Philippines - AyosDito.ph worth 145k. And I saw also Nissan Sentra GS/GX (model 2000?) which is also has the same price. I would like to know their difference and need your expert advice.

Thank you!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    For the same amount of money, go with the younger car. Also, check how much mileage on both. If you're looking at a 2001-2006 Sentra (N16 chassis), go for the GS (AT) or GSX (MT) models as they have better features compared to the entry model GX.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    For the same amount of money, go with the younger car. Also, check how much mileage on both. If you're looking at a 2001-2006 Sentra (N16 chassis), go for the GS (AT) or GSX (MT) models as they have better features compared to the entry model GX.
    Ageed! Iwas ka sa gx kasi sobra hina makina lalo na pag matic. Pag hirap makina mas matakaw sa gas.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by boogiemeister05 View Post
    Hi guys!

I'm planning to buy a 2nd hand Nissan sentra S4 model 1999. I saw many at Buy and Sell in the Philippines - AyosDito.ph worth 145k. And I saw also Nissan Sentra GS/GX (model 2000?) which is also has the same price. I would like to know their difference and need your expert advice.

Thank you!
    I suggest you get a manual variant. They're more fuel efficient and durable in the long run. Generally, newer is better but then with cars of this age that is not always the case. Check the mileage and condition of the car, if possible with a trusted mechanic. I'd stay away from the 1.3GX though, that one's rather underpowered and therefore, thirsty at the pump.

The B14 and N16 are completely different in everything but name. They come from completely different platforms and use different engines (GA16 for the B14 and QG16 for the N16). The B14 was an international model, while the N16 (actually a rebadged Pulsar and not a true Sentra model) is an Asian market model. The N16 is newer and more refined, but then test drive first before making your decision.
    Last edited by GTi; July 6th, 2013 at 10:53 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Salamat po mga Sir. Yung lynx po, ano mga opinion nyo mga sirs? kasi ang mura po talaga eh. pasok na pasok yung iba sa budget ko. and knowing it's a Ford. parang nakakapanghinala po. Pangit po ba performance nito mga Sir? Ok din eh.. kasi mass modelo..

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    If you're open to the Lynx, eh di maganda. Its actually a very nice car. I actually prefer this one over the Sentra. Its basically a rebadged Mazda 323 (a generation model that was never sold here) and therefore a Japanese compact sedan, so there is no problem with parts. Performance and ride comfort are both commendable. In fact I remember a Tsikoteer who had a similar budget as yours, and whom we encouraged to get a Lynx 1.6M/T, was very much satisfied with his car. Just like Nissan, the Ford brand was the one dragging down the resale value of this car, and not something wrong with the car itself. Just make sure to get the manual variant, the matics are very thirsty at the pump.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    thank you sir for the info..anong model po bah ang pipiliin ko kung sakaling lynx kunin ko? Ok rin po sana eh..mga 2k models na at swak pa sa budget... kaso, ang dami ko pong nababasang negative comments tungkol po sa sasakyan na ito..

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by boogiemeister05 View Post
    thank you sir for the info..anong model po bah ang pipiliin ko kung sakaling lynx kunin ko? Ok rin po sana eh..mga 2k models na at swak pa sa budget... kaso, ang dami ko pong nababasang negative comments tungkol po sa sasakyan na ito..
    Malakas sa gas ang matic na Lynx kaya may negative reputation. The manual will do fine. The best would be manual transmission Ghia variants wherein there are already dual airbags and ABS. Otherwise the lower GSI variant will also suffice. Just get the one that is in the best condition.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    thank you po sir,,,

et na lng po..last napo..need your expert advice on Chevy Optra,,

thanx