New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    My friend has a budget of 800-900k but he can't decide whether to buy a brand new sedan or a second hand suv. For a brand new sedan, he's thinking over choosing from the following:

1. Honda City
    2, Toyota Vios
    3, Hyundai Accent
    4, Hyundai Elantra

And for an suv, he's eyeing on the Hyundai Tucson or Honda CRV preferably, year model 2010 and above. Can you please post your opinion on this guys? Thank your very much in advance

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I'll get the suv in a heartbeat but that's just me.

Depende sa use, just remember all the flooded units around.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Brand new Elantra.. or a CRDi Accent.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Suv only if he needs the space. Otherwise all his money will be invested on the "image" suv gives. Not worth it and definitely not practical. Among the sedans id pick the elantra. Its the biggest and best looking of the three. At least for me. Its also a class higher being a compact while the others are subcompacts. It depends on the priorities really. If he wants to save on fuel, accent crdi would be the best choice. If he wants reliability, itll be a toss up between the vios and city. Comfort = elantra

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    if it's bang for the buck he's looking for, vios-E na. me sukli ka pa.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    You better read about the horror stories regarding warranty claims with Hyundai.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    You better read about the horror stories regarding warranty claims with Hyundai.
    this.

buy a hyundai, sakto malapit na halloween

8. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Thanks for the replies everyone.. I already told him to just buy a new car instead of getting a second had suv. But he still insist that the SUV looks much cooler than having a brand new sedan LOL. In my opinion I would take the vios G in a heartbeat. Save gas, kinda spacious and reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    I am very interested in reading that. Where can you read those "horror stories"?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Just look for hyundai talk sa forum.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    A used Forester perhaps or maybe Xtrail...if looking for a sedan, a compact (Civic, Altis, Elantra, Lancer) will be a better choice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast