New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    I've been offered a second hand 2007 Jazz for P450000. I'm seriously considering it because the car does look great, looks new (sariwa), and jazz has a credibility of having excellent fuel consumption.
    What makes me hesitate are:
    - It is to be converted from Right Hand to Left Hand Drive.
    - Unsure of Local Gasoline Compatibility
    - Unsure if setup of ECU's, and what have yous are adapted to local conditions (e.g. weather, road quality, etc.)
    - Second Hand
    Do you think my skepticisms are valid?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It will work with local gas
    The ECU is the same

I'm not really a fond of converted vehicles...But if you know how to spot a good conversion, it's your money...

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    If you can opt for a local unit, all the better. Conversions are risky, too many things may happen. RHD units were really never designed to be converted anyway.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You can already get a good local secondhand without conversion issues and in good condition for 400-450k... why spend money on a converted car? Typically, converted RHD units command a price that's about 100k or more less than a local unit... (I've heard around 300+ for converted Jazzes...) so why spend all that extra money?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Yung pajero ng kapit bahay namin mas maraming ikot yung manibela pag lumiliko pa kanan kesa sa pag lumiliko pakaliwa....Yes converted yung unit.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    You can already get a good local secondhand without conversion issues and in good condition for 400-450k... why spend money on a converted car? Typically, converted RHD units command a price that's about 100k or more less than a local unit... (I've heard around 300+ for converted Jazzes...) so why spend all that extra money?
    agree! there are a lot of local jazzes worth around 400k. its not a bargain nor expensive but at least its made up to specs of LHD.

ok lang kunin yung imports basta kilala yung ngconvert na magaling. i was also tempted to get a gen 1 crv import for 270k but feared the conversion.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Thanks for the advise everyone. Ive decided not to go ahead with the purchase.

Are second hand japan imports reliable?