New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Hi guys,

This will be my very first car and I do have limited budget only. The only purpose for me buying a car is for my daily transpo needs going to and from the office and some occassional out of town trips with my loved ones. I am looking for a fuel efficient car too since gas prices are really high now. I would like something that looks really good and will last me a long time. I am planning to keep this for another 5 years or so. Would like AT transmission too. After searching online I have these as my options.

97 Civic LXi
    97 Civic VTi
    99-01 City (not really sure what model)
    97-01 Lancer (not really sure what model)
    Nissan sentra (the newest possible)
    Ford Lynx (the newest possible)
    Chevy Optra (the newest possible)

I am planning to get one before the month ends. Your inputs will be greatly appreciated. TIA!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Yung friend ko nakabili ng 98 Lancer GSR at 200k.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Ako yung Honda City Type Z.

Tipid. Ang dali i-drive. Mura. Worth it.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    in terms ng power at economy, civic 97 vti ka...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    +1 sa Honda City

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ma4ma View Post
    Hi guys,

This will be my very first car and I do have limited budget only. The only purpose for me buying a car is for my daily transpo needs going to and from the office and some occassional out of town trips with my loved ones. I am looking for a fuel efficient car too since gas prices are really high now. I would like something that looks really good and will last me a long time. I am planning to keep this for another 5 years or so. Would like AT transmission too. After searching online I have these as my options.

97 Civic LXi
    97 Civic VTi
    99-01 City (not really sure what model)
    97-01 Lancer (not really sure what model)
    Nissan sentra (the newest possible)
    Ford Lynx (the newest possible)
    Chevy Optra (the newest possible)

I am planning to get one before the month ends. Your inputs will be greatly appreciated. TIA!
    Is your budget 200k flat? The ones among your choices that are very much worth considering with regards to your requirements are the Civic, City and Sentra. You can get a post facelift Civic VTi with your budget after some meticulous searching and haggling, and if you can get a VTi I suppose the LXi would be out. You'd be able to get a newer and perhaps in better condition City for the same price. Yun nga lang down on the space and performance. And probably mga 1.3L lang ang mahahanap mo. VTi A/T's are surprisingly hard to find. As for the Sentra, you'd probably be able to get the newest car for your money. And then you get a 1.6L engine with lots of toys, the full host of safety equipment, and a plush ride.

Honda Civic AT - 99 - Cars for sale NCR - AyosDito.ph
    Honda Civic AT - 99 - Cars for sale NCR - AyosDito.ph
    Honda City AT - 01 - Cars for sale NCR - AyosDito.ph
    Honda City AT - 01 - Cars for sale NCR - AyosDito.ph
    Nissan Sentra AT - 02 - Cars for sale NCR - AyosDito.ph
    Nissan Sentra Gs AT - 03 - Cars for sale NCR - AyosDito.ph
    Nissan exalta grandeur AT - 02 - Cars for sale NCR - AyosDito.ph

7. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    * GTI

Thanks for the links and for your input. Yes my budget is 200k flat. I really love the first link you sent me and will contact the seller ASAP. Do you think it is a good deal already? How about some Lancers? Are they not worth it?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    beware of automatic cars of that age.. they are prone to transmission problems because of their age... better find a manual car...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Thanks for the links and for your input. Yes my budget is 200k flat. I really love the first link you sent me and will contact the seller ASAP. Do you think it is a good deal already? How about some Lancers? Are they not worth it?
    My bet goes to the City. Its pretty fuel efficient and agile on its size and good resale value, but better choose the manual though. As for the Civic's, though performance wise it a hands-up, but beware of the rust issue and make sure the unit never experienced overheat. Lancer's (of that age and cost) is prone to suspension or "kalampag" issues.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    * GTI

Glad I was able to help! By the looks of it, this is a good deal. BUT, to be 100% sure since this is rather old already bring a skilled mechanic to check it out. The mileage at 119000 kms is reasonable for a car of this age but is still rather high on its own so check for anything that might need replacing. But by the looks of it, the car seems to be pretty well cared for naman.

Dun naman sa Lancer, you're budget dictates that the version you will be able to get is the '95-'02 "pizza" version. And this one, as mentioned earlier, is notorious for suspension problems. Check out the Exalta's too. Assuming that they are in good condition, they are really great 2nd hand deals since they come very much loaded and are the newest you can get.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Second hand car worth 200k. Please help!