New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Hi,
    I need to get a ride for my work for the meantime. Just 2nd hand as I will be given a car by next year.
    I wanted an SUV so this can be used by the whole family when we go for out of town.
    I need help in choosing as there were several options to choose from :
    a) Ford Everest 4x2 AT Diesel ; year 2008; Mileage : 37T ; indicative price : php765K
    b) KIA Sportage LX 4x2 AT / Diesel year 2009 ; mileage: 18T ; price : php767K
    c) KIA Sportage EX 2 4x4 CRDI AT Diesel ; year 2008 ; mileage: 44T ; price: php728
    d) KIA Sorento 4 x 4 2.5L AT Diesel ; year 2007; mileage: 37T ; price at 687K
    e) Suzuki Grand Vitara 2.0 4x4 AT Gas Year 2008 ; mileage: 17T ; price:php728K
    f) Nissan Grand Livina XV Elegance 1.8L AT Gas Year 2008 ;mileage :26T ; price: php532K

Would be happy to hear your opinions which would help me decide which to get.

Thanks so much.

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    If you're using it for out of town trips, I suggest to stick with the Ford Everest or the Kia Sorento. You can get a Toyota Fortuner for that price also. Check out the Chevrolet Captiva, Toyota Innova, and the Kia Carens if one fits your budget.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Hi, Thanks for the quick revert. Would also look into those models mentioned. Cheers!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow73 View Post
    Hi,
    I need to get a ride for my work for the meantime. Just 2nd hand as I will be given a car by next year.
    I wanted an SUV so this can be used by the whole family when we go for out of town.
    I need help in choosing as there were several options to choose from :
    a) Ford Everest 4x2 AT Diesel ; year 2008; Mileage : 37T ; indicative price : php765K
    b) KIA Sportage LX 4x2 AT / Diesel year 2009 ; mileage: 18T ; price : php767K
    c) KIA Sportage EX 2 4x4 CRDI AT Diesel ; year 2008 ; mileage: 44T ; price: php728
    d) KIA Sorento 4 x 4 2.5L AT Diesel ; year 2007; mileage: 37T ; price at 687K
    e) Suzuki Grand Vitara 2.0 4x4 AT Gas Year 2008 ; mileage: 17T ; price:php728K
    f) Nissan Grand Livina XV Elegance 1.8L AT Gas Year 2008 ;mileage :26T ; price: php532K

Would be happy to hear your opinions which would help me decide which to get.

Thanks so much.
    Teka teka, this doesn't seem right. You will be given a car next year --> you wanted a second hand car this year and want it a SUV.

You will be given a car next year. What car will it be? If you'll be given a SUV, I don't see the rationale of buying a secondhand car just to enable you to commute to work. And at those prices, you can literally chip in a TV set and buy a brand-new Honda Jazz and skip the pains of being handed down second-hand lemons or higher maintenance costs (compact car versus SUV) or higher chance of part breakdown (wear and tear).

In other words, why settle for secondhand SUV if you can buy a brand-new subcompact car? Seems like an ego issue to me >__>

That aside, if your family's less than 4 in number. Brand new subcompact.
    If your family is more than 5. A diesel Innova (just wish you won't get D4-D problems )

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    My travel expense is getting expensive plus the hassle as Im required to go from one place to another. Also, SUV is in my top list coz Im planning to leave that in the house na for family use once the new car came in. Im really wanting to wait till next year but not practical anymore. I thought also of buying a car na lang muna but Im reserving that na for next year so I could get a better one. I also thought og Innova but heard several not so good stories kaya wala na sya sa listahan ko

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The best bets here are the Sorento and the Everest. The engines of both are pretty similar in terms of power and they both have 5 speed matic boxes. But between the two I'd suggest the Sorento. The Sorento is more refined than the Everest and has 4x4. Not to mention that the 1st gen Sorento has excellent offroad capabilities. But if you really need the 3rd row, I think the Sorento is only a 5 seater (tama ba?).

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I'd pick the Everest and the Sorento on this one. Medyo may pagkatagtag lang talaga ang Everest compared to the Sorento which on the other hand is much more comfortable to drive.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    ... the 1st gen Sorento has excellent offroad capabilities.
    ito ba yung pinalipad dati sa ads na endorser si andre agassi...?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumbdrive View Post
    ito ba yung pinalipad dati sa ads na endorser si andre agassi...?
    YouTube - ‪Kia Sorento Andre Agassi! Chris Leith Kia‬‏

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How about considering the following:

- Mitsubishi Montero Sport
    - Nissan X-Trail
    - Honda CRV

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Requesting for help in choosing what to buy ( 2nd hand cars)