New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    I bought a car from a long time friend. Never really bothered to check the papers since I trust the guy and the car was his for a lont time. I've recently decided to sell said vehicle and now that I checked, it's stamped ENCUMBERED

His name is on the CR already and there's nothing written about who financed the vehicle. I know the car's been paid for.

I'm just worried that I might have a hard time trying to sell the vehicle.

Also is there a way to find out who financed the car? Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    dapat may release of chattel mortgage yan from the registry of deeds.. ask the original owner kung nakakuha na sya nito.. then you need to go to the LTO office where the vehicle was originally registered and have the "encumbered" removed, they will issue a new certificate of registration, they will also check the bank kung saan naka mortgaged yan dati kung bayad na nga..

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    buhayin ko lang thread na ito regarding encumbered cr.

was at lto pasig this pm, and i didnt expect that it would take more than 3 f***ing hours just to have this encumbered cr replaced with a new cr without the word 'encumbered'.

arrived at the records section window-19 (located upstair) around 1:30pm, they finally found the records of my car around 4pm, have to go to another window-14 downstair, they ordered me to go to window-9 for the stencil form, have the car stenciled, waited for almost another 1hr at window-14, hinihintay daw si hepe for some signature regarding my cancellation of mortgaged (?). then went to the cashier to pay for the fees. worst, sira daw printer nila at hindi ko makukuha new cr ko without the word 'encumbered'. balik n lang daw ako.

finally left lto pasig around 5:30pm.

ano na kaya nangyayari sa taxes na binabayaran ko? income tax, road users tax, etc... for me to experience this with lto?

didn't thought that it would take them almost 2hrs to find the records of my car considering na it was just bought late 2009.

warning ko lang to whoever will fix their 'encumbered' cr, pumunta na kayo ng lto 8am pa lang para sigurado (sana) matapos papers nyo.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    bump ko lang tong thread na to..

kakukuha ko lang ng CR ko from bank and my encumbered na nakalagay.. balak ko ayusin para matanggal yung 'encumbered'.

ask ko lang.

1. kailangan bang dala ko yung sasakyan pag nagpunta ko sa CityHall at LTO? balak ko kasi magcommute na lang...
    2. estimate total cost?
    3. as stated by previous post (2011), makukuha agad yung cr without the mark 'encumbered'.. ganun pa rin ba ngaun 2014, makukuha ko ba agad?
    4. kaya ba in 1 day gawin yung sa cityhall at lto?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by bentotz; October 9th, 2014 at 06:05 PM. Reason: additional question

Recent Owners Name on Encumbered CR