New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Good day to all,

I just posted regarding 3 used car units which I need to decide,when buying...but no one seems to like the mazda 323 glxi 1997 ( automatic).
    Recently someone offered me his mazda 323 glxi 1997 (all stock model) for 140k ? Is the price ok for that unit, Mileage is at 100k. Can you give me some pros and cons regarding the mazda units ?, Is it fuel efficient ? Parts availability ?, Right now the mazda tops on my list, considering,I'm a newbie..This will really help me a lot in deciding..Thank you to all....

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok car. common problem is the underside of the rear fender, gas guzzler, much more the automatic variant. kinda complete car with abs, all power features, even a cd changer (assuming the HU is a stock).

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    140K for 1997 mazda 323 GLXi A/T?........... AFAIK mababa lang ang reselling value ng mazda likewise 323 kasi meron yun officemate nga lang ng ate ko sa medicall may ibinebenta sa amin 2000 model na mazda 323 A/T din at ang asking price nya is 100k but still negotiable pa rin, A1 condition naman sya at wala naman pagawain actually na test drive ko pa sya at wala naman syang problema pag dating naman sa pang ilalim.

nakaka-akit bilhin di ba? kasi 2000 model tapos ang presyo 100k neg pa at walang pagawain saka A1 condition pa sya.... ang ayaw ko talaga sa 323 gaya ng sinabi ni 1D4LV gas guzzler sya kahit magaan pa ang tapak mo sa accelerator pedal at isa pa dahil medyo kilala ko ang officemate ng ate ko na ang sideline ay buy and sell it means hindi ko alam na kung ilan kilometers na ang tinakbo nito at kung ilang owner na at higit sa lahat ang piyesa nito ay mas mahal pa sa honda kahit surplus lang sya.

minsan naghiraman kami ng uncle ko ng kotse sa loob ng isang buwan para malaman kung sino ang mas matipid syempre yung corolla EE90 ko ang gamit nya at ang mazda 323 GLXi A/T naman ang gamit ko after one month nag saulian kami at maganda ang naging feed back nya sa corolla ko matipid daw sa gas kahit carb pa rin sya, bale ang naging feedback ko naman sa 323 nya ang nasabi ko ang lakas sa gas, nung una parang gusto nya pa rin i-extend ang hiraman namin kaso sabi wag na kasi mamumulubi ako sa kotse na'to.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Darski View Post
    Good day to all,

I just posted regarding 3 used car units which I need to decide,when buying...but no one seems to like the mazda 323 glxi 1997 ( automatic).
    Recently someone offered me his mazda 323 glxi 1997 (all stock model) for 140k ? Is the price ok for that unit, Mileage is at 100k. Can you give me some pros and cons regarding the mazda units ?, Is it fuel efficient ? Parts availability ?, Right now the mazda tops on my list, considering,I'm a newbie..This will really help me a lot in deciding..Thank you to all....
    The reason why people don't like this particular car is it's a bad gas guzzler especially with the automatic tranny version. Even driving it lightly does not help.

The rest of the vehicle is good though with spacious front and rear seating, long comfy suspension and great looks. Engine power is great as well. Just check the fender areas for signs of rust.

You might want to reconsider other cars instead.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'd never buy a secondhand automatic with that many kilometers on it... especially not that particular one. At the price, it seems okay, though... but you're looking at a possible transmission overhaul or replacement (at about 30-50k) within the next two to three years.

Nice car. Terrible transmission and poor economy.

A 323 MT is better... but unless you're into the zoom-zoom and are getting a Mazdaspeed Familia (better ECU and economy, better suspension), you might want to be looking somewhere else.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    i got a 3rd hand 1998 mazda 323 GLXi A/T last year with 150k mileage on it at a low prize, at that mileage i've replaced/repaired most of the suspension parts but i never had issues on engine and the auto tranny.
    It still shifts like a charm with overdrive and torque converter lock-out properly working.

The engine is powerful and responsive enough that its easy to accidentally do a front tire burnout specially when climbing a ramp (like those ramp on service bay sa mga talyer, kahit mga boy na nagsasampa napapakamot yung gulong pag inaakyat nila, katakot nga baka magdire-diretso )
    my fuel consumption is 7kpl city and 10kpl at highways (its not that bad after all!), I have driven it to pagudpod 13hrs. continous drive walang namang tirik. its easy to overtake at iwan yung ibang cars na ka-same year at displacement, wag lang yung 1.6 na SiR hehe

other pluses are the SRS airbag, ABS and digital odemeter.
    and yes my rear fenders rust. di ko po napapagawa walang pang pera pang paint job

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The transmission thing is a gamble. Some people don't get it... but I know others who've had to replace the tranny before 100k kms.

If the car is going for 100-140k pesos... then it's up to the buyer to assess what his total budget is. If the total budget allowance is 200k, then there's more than enough room for a transmission replacement or MT swap in the near future.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Thank you very much po,,sa mga comments and suggestions po nyo..more power to this site...

Queries regarding Mazda GLXI 323 (matic)