New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    The only reason to buy the entry level mpv vs your fort choices is maintenance cost.
    But then, if buying new, pretty sure you will rely on the casa. Whereas in getting used, you can go to your third party service center of your choosing. So cost might be break even.

Aside from that, fort 2017 is the choice to get like all others are saying.

Better in everything.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    2017 Toyota Fortuner G 2.4 AT 4x2 - 1.050M mid variant or base variant.

It's possible that the price of this model is 1.5M instead of 1.05M ... Toyota diesel SUVs have high resale value ...
    The price was correct,but upon checking the unit it was a late 2016 G variant with the beige fabric seat though he acquired it Jan of 2017.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Thank you all for the replies and I appreciate the advises. It seems that most voted the newer albeit 2nd hand Fortuner.

The thing is me and the wife test drove the Fort and the Xpander yesterday and the missus was a bit disappointed in the Fortuners bouncy ride. The Xpander GLS Sports however when we test drove it, she found it very comfortable.

I have explained all the pros of getting the Fortuner including the higher resale when it comes time to replace it.

Oh well, she doesn't seem convince with my explanations and argued that we aren't gonna sell it anyway for a very long time.. I have a feeling that the tall ingress of the Fort is the culprit because she was having a hard time climbing wearing an skinny jeans Wife is only 5 feet so I was a bit smiling when she was climbing..

We will be test driving the Brv and Rush next, maybe next week so I still have a few days left to convince her. She was quite sold out with the Xpander while the agent was explaining all the features of Xpander.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    my wild guess is,
    you will end up with either the expander or a honda (mobilio, brv), in your garage.
    ...what if you say, the fort comes with a free stepper..?
    heh heh.

5. Join Date
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by carscout View Post
    Thank you all for the replies and I appreciate the advises. It seems that most voted the newer albeit 2nd hand Fortuner.

The thing is me and the wife test drove the Fort and the Xpander yesterday and the missus was a bit disappointed in the Fortuners bouncy ride. The Xpander GLS Sports however when we test drove it, she found it very comfortable.

I have explained all the pros of getting the Fortuner including the higher resale when it comes time to replace it.

Oh well, she doesn't seem convince with my explanations and argued that we aren't gonna sell it anyway for a very long time.. I have a feeling that the tall ingress of the Fort is the culprit because she was having a hard time climbing wearing an skinny jeans Wife is only 5 feet so I was a bit smiling when she was climbing..

We will be test driving the Brv and Rush next, maybe next week so I still have a few days left to convince her. She was quite sold out with the Xpander while the agent was explaining all the features of Xpander.
    Anything the wife is not fond of, is a damn hard sell! Your efforts might go futile. Many here have tried. Last thing I heard/read was, happy wife, happy life.

Btw, 2017 Fortuner for me.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008

Not considering an Innova? Ride height is lower, so the wife will be happy. Good resale plus a more powerful engine than the 2017 Fort's so you will be happy.

You may be able to get a 2018 model for the same money. Or, you can add the last 100+k and spring for a brand new 2.8E AT.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Not considering an Innova? Ride height is lower, so the wife will be happy. Good resale plus a more powerful engine than the 2017 Fort's so you will be happy.

You may be able to get a 2018 model for the same money. Or, you can add the last 100+k and spring for a brand new 2.8E AT.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    +1 sa innova. Riding comfort and Fun to drive [emoji119]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by timming_gear View Post
    If you pick 2015 Fortuner, Get the 3.0v Variant not the 2.5V

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2015 Toyota Fortuner V 2.5 AT 4x2 - 900k top of the line with all the bells and whistle for this variant

2017 Toyota Fortuner G 2.4 AT 4x2 - 1.050M mid variant or base variant
    Either the 2015 model is very expensive or the 2017 is very cheap....

Since the TS confirmed the price of the 2017 model, it must be the former, i.e., it is overpriced...😉😉😉

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    2017 fortuner din ako.. almost brandnew na yan... a real suv.. unlike the brv.. yung xpander ok din pero i dont think it will age well like fortuner..

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Hello Fellow Tsikoteer,

I am quite on a dilemma right now since I am planning to replace my old reliable car. My problem is I am torn between buying a second hand or a brand new car. I specifically narrowed my choices between this three.

2015 Toyota Fortuner V 2.5 AT 4x2 - 900k top of the line with all the bells and whistle for this variant

2017 Toyota Fortuner G 2.4 AT 4x2 - 1.050M mid variant or base variant.

or buy a..

2019 brand new Brv/Rush/Xpander

My budget is Max out at 1.1M for a Family car..

Hope you can help me decide which is a better buy. I am planning to keep it the same time I kept my old car which is about 10 years.

Thanks
    On second thought, hindi kaya may nangyari sa 2017Fort (like nabaha) kaya "mura"?...

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast