New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    I'll graduate next year but my mom told me she'll buy me a car this year.

I'm thinking of x-trail but I've read a lot of comments and review that it consumes gas a lot! I should pay for the gas using my allowance.

Please help me! I want a SUV but seems like x-trail is expensive to maintain. (

Which one should I get? Any suggestion?

By the way I want a specious car.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    brand new or 2nd hand hanap mo? un mga CUV ( Rav4,CRV,Xtrail,Escape etc.) halos di nagkakalayo consume sa gas if mostly city driving expect mo na 6-8km/l, kung habol mo medyo matipid sa gas, get a car nalang like Vios if ikaw lang naman sasakay

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydelion View Post
    I'll graduate next year but my mom told me she'll buy me a car this year.

I'm thinking of x-trail but I've read a lot of comments and review that it consumes gas a lot! I should pay for the gas using my allowance.

Please help me! I want a SUV but seems like x-trail is expensive to maintain. (

Which one should I get? Any suggestion?

By the way I want a specious car.
    Congrats! Now, how much would you allocate for gas money in a month? How about the maintenance? What's the budget? Are we talking brand new or 2nd hand?

CUVs have similar engines as midsize sedans, and usually weigh about just as much, if not more. So fuel consumption is quite similar, which for the gasoline powered ones mean rather dismal figures.

For a fuel efficient CUV, the best way to go would be to get the diesels.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    I am a big boy so Vios is too small for me.

Either brand new or 2nd hand is okay for me if 2nd hand, cash out pero pag-brand new, auto-loan )

tapos yung budget ko kasi mga 5k per month and I'll use it about twice a week only.

Wala pang diesel engine Xtrail sa Pinas?

also space, i want a big space for stuff. usually i might bring some big boxes so spacious in terms of trunk.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Big boxes? 3rd gen CRV :D proven kasya ang 2 balikbayan box, drum set, 3 racer bike at isang malapad na red carpet haha

Try mo din Rav4 kung isa ang space sa priority mo.

Pero sa looks, i'll go for a Tucson or Sportage

Sent from my GT-I9082

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    If you're okay on getting old models, then there's the first gen CRV.

No-frills, go anywhere car. Fuel efficient too.

If you want something that has punch. Then there's the Outlander V6

The Xtrail is okay. You just need to baby the pedal for it to produce good fc figures.

If you want something that's efficient and is spacious, there's the Ford Focus TDCi.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    naks! kaingit! haha! though ako mas preferred ko after grad bumili, kasi bnew pa, pang asar sa classmates ko na bumili before grad. hahaha!
    anyway, back to topic, 3rd gen crv maganda and matipid sa gas. nasa 9.2km/l figures ko ngayon sa crv ko. kaya din nya mag load ng maraming gamit, o tao, (not that i did it, pero i saw someone do it)

forester xt next target ko na makuha though...i really like it

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Thanks sa mga comment nyo

is CRV better than Xtrail in terms of fuel consumption? I was even thinking of Innova because it's diesel engine, right? pero i don't want a family car type...

how about sportage and tucson? are they good? i heard korean cars engine isn't good compared to japanese car.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    How much could you cash out for 2nd hand? We'll have to know in order to maximize that budget. I personally do not approve of auto loans. You end up paying much more than the car's real value, you have to endure the steep depreciation and you'd lose lots come selling time.

Innova? Better if you get the Fortuner instead. Swabe, matibay, walang problema sa baha. It's rather cramped for a midsize SUV, especially with the 3rd row, but better than CUVs that have no 3rd row at all.

Or, you can get the Santa Fe. Spacious, comfortable, powerful, fuel efficient, very hard to beat.

The diesels are really hard to beat when it comes to fuel consumption. Even with the thirstier diesels you would still end up spending less as compared to the more fuel efficient gasoline CUVs due to the P10/L difference in fuel cost.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    500-600k is my mom's allowable budget pero she can adjust pa if ever the price is more expensive and the condition is the cost should meet the quality.

What's better between Santa Fe and Captiva? as you said i also consider flood that's why i'm looking for an SUV.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast