New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i am retracting my reco for the jazz.

small enough to drive comfortably with sufficient space and higher than average ground clearance. no trucks, mpvs or vans...

the ford ecosport.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

i am retracting my reco for the jazz.

small enough to drive comfortably with sufficient space and higher than average ground clearance. no trucks, mpvs or vans...

the ford ecosport.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    ertiga or the mobilio

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Yes. Ertiga or mobilo fits for you

4. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Agree, Ertiga or Mobilio.
    Between the 2, I'd go for Mobilio because it is more spacious. It's more expensive, but still within the budget.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Been hearing good things about the ecosport. Too early to tell pa ata if maintenance/parts will be an issue?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    You should also hear the not so good things about the Ford Ecosport.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Nissan navarra entry level is a good choice.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I wouldn't recommend a pickup, because it's too cumbersome to drive for anyone who won't use the bed all that much.

It's at least a meter longer than other cars in the price range, all for a bed that you won't be able to use for groceries, bags, and small stuff, because it can rain, and thieves are rampant. Even if you get a rear roller lid (another 25k expense), water will still seep through, and your stuff can roll around the large bed.

In city driving, you will be inconvenienced by the large turning radius, and the sheer bulk of the car will make it unnecessarily hard to park. It's only worth it if you haul lots of big things, and cross floods and bad roads a lot. If it's just the ride height you're concerned with, get an Ecosport or Innova.

A pickup for urban living is like buying a car without a trunk, and volunteering to give yourself added difficulty in maneuvering in tight spaces. Which is why I went back to a sedan.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Same sentiments as jut. Plus pickups don't have very good handling and braking compared to a sedan or compact crossover.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Same sentiments as jut. Plus pickups don't have very good handling and braking compared to a sedan or compact crossover.
    This post makes a whole lot of sense with regards to the recent accident in Skyway of a Strada in big rims (more like 20") with low profile tires almost breaking the barrier. No news about the cause of the accident but pictures show it blew up its right front tire. It was a blessing the rear section went over the railing as if it was the front, it could have fallen off the Skyway.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast