New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    1. Pag brand new ba, ikaw bahala sa pagpaparegister nung sasakyan oh may mga ibang dealer na sila na bahala sa papel for LTO? ---- dealership na usually ang nagawa nito

2. Matakaw ba itong city? eh kasi diba gasolina yan? Manila-Baguio kano kaya magagastos niyan? ---- swabe lang FC ng city - tamang-tama lang city driving and pasyal out of town

3. Diba mahirap maghanap parts nito, just in case nasiraan or something? di naman ba siya high maintenance? ---- Dami parts sa casa and sa labas na din + aftermarket parts..join HCP (Honda Club Philippines (meron grupo ng mga City doon.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kenma9123 View Post
    (super late sa reply lol)
    2. Matakaw ba itong city? eh kasi diba gasolina yan? Manila-Baguio kano kaya magagastos niyan?
    3. Diba mahirap maghanap parts nito, just in case nasiraan or something? di naman ba siya high maintenance?
    Here's my inputs while using a City 1.5E AT.

2 - I brought the car to Baguio last November and I was able to average 15 km/L on it. A full tank of gas (around 30L) was good for 450 km. Pure highway driving will bring better FC figures (around 17-18 km/L). Normal city driving (Paranaque-Makati) will do around 10-11 km/L.
    3 - Common parts can easily be sourced out (like air filters, spark plugs, oil filters, etc.) The challenge will be the major parts, like those in the engine or tranny, as you will be sourcing them from a Honda casa. Honda maintenance is a bit pricey if you stick with the casa all the time.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Thank you for the input guys, expect me to have so many questions. sorry about that. Gusto ko lang may malaman ako kahit ala pako tsikot hehe..
    I'm getting there na, pero need more info's.

I didn't know locally assembled pala ang city hehe, cool!
    Ang dealer ko siguro is sa dagupan na, since yun na yung pinakamalapit and most of my kakilala dun sila kumukuha.

First and for most what is CASA? something repair shop ba yan?
    Balita ko magaling din daw umakyat itong si city sa mga hills totoo ba yun?
    at hindi naman siguro digital ang engine nito diba? haha

About sa LTO process, hindi ko alam na libre pala dapat yun. May isa akong kaibigan bumili siya ng avanza, pero siya naman nag process ng papel nung tsikot niya. though brand new naman yun. So dapat ba sila bahala? at ikaw maghihintay nalang hanggang makuha mo plaka tama?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    *kenma - Some more inputs

First and for most what is CASA? something repair shop ba yan? - CASA means yung dealer kung saan mo binili yung kotse.
    Balita ko magaling din daw umakyat itong si city sa mga hills totoo ba yun? - Yung 1.5E has good enough power for its body and zippy enough on the road. Kung sa akyatan, just use the Sport mode with floppy controls to keep the car in low gear.
    at hindi naman siguro digital ang engine nito diba? haha - what do you mean by digital?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    haha nevermind yung about digital hehe..

So nung pagkacheck ko mga model ng Honda city 1.5 parang andaming variations
    1.5E, 1.5S, 1.5V ano naman kaya pinagkaiba ng mga yan?

at anu mas recommended na bilhin, MT or AT? or depende na yun sa driver? hehe

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    That would depend on your budget. If you can afford top of the line, then get that one.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Misis ko may company car na city 2009.

Ang pinaka main problem lang nung bago pa yung city eh mga humps, dahil mababa sya compared sa ibang car, dalas sumayad ng ilalim sa mga unusually high na humps, lalo na pag puno.

At dahil mababa and stiff suspension sya, feel mo yung tagtag ng daan, This is compared to our vios na lambot at taas ng suspension. Pero dahil nga mababa sya mabilis sya sa mga fast corners.

It's a quick car and fun to drive, I remember nung bago pa sya it can dart quickly in and out of the lane, nauunahan yung ibang sasakyan without flooring the gas.

Yun nga lang It's not the same car anymore after 4 years, parang palala sya ng palala after every PM, kinakarne yata.

Minsan dinala namin sa Baguio ito, kaya naman umakyat, may mga matatarik na iskinita kaming iniakyat na kaya pa rin nya. Sa tarik ng iskinita nakayakap na ko sa steering wheel. Yun nga lang same problem dahil mababa suspension sumasayad sya.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4
    Last edited by BratPAQ; November 3rd, 2013 at 09:42 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Agree with BratPAQ on the "ka-blag" suspension feel of the City. You have to be careful over humps and potholes or suffer that "ka-blag" feel. My old Accord with a lower ride and bigger wheels rides better than the 2009 City I use.

The City does offer a zippy drive for a sub-compact but the Jazz of the same generation offers a better drive. If you don't need a big trunk, a 1.5L Jazz will be a better option. However, with the prices of both TOTL City and Jazz nearing 900k, I will just start thinking on the Civic or Elantra or Altis (really good deals on the 1.6L Atis nowadays).

Wala ata 1.5L City in MT. Just check the Honda Makati site for the differences in models of the City. They are mechanically the same except for the features differences.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    A friend is selling her 2013 honda city for 250k with assuming balance. I think around 13800 a month. Good buy ba o hindi?

Personally, I dont think it is a good buy. Nangungulit lang si wife na gusto nya yung car. Id rather buy the all new city.

What are you thoughts? Thanks

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boytsiks View Post
    A friend is selling her 2013 honda city for 250k with assuming balance. I think around 13800 a month. Good buy ba o hindi?

Personally, I dont think it is a good buy. Nangungulit lang si wife na gusto nya yung car. Id rather buy the all new city.

What are you thoughts? Thanks

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Expensive. Buy a new one na lang. and you'll practically pay the same rin.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast