New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Hi tsikoters good morning, i plan to buy my 1st ever car. But i am so confused on what to buy. I prefer mini cars :3 any suggestion? I take into consideration of the ff:

- comfort
    - fuel consumption
    - performance

and what else?

Help please :> THANK YOU!

hi arin, good morning.

choosing a car is really difficult yet fun. i wish u goodluck on getting your first ever car.

how about price? is it part of the consideration?

i have a 2008 picanto a/t and a 2007 mazda 2. fuel consumption, picanto is the best. pero mazda 2 has a better ride. mas smooth.

tapos, u have the i10 also to choose kaya lang never had this and di pa rin ako nakasakay sa kanya.

i'm sure dami tutulong sa yo dito on what to choose.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Arin.

Budget ? Preferred transmission ?

Since it's your first ever car, I`d be advising you to get hatches. And those ranges from 300k+ ~ 800k+

The 300k+ is the Alto and the 800k+ is the Honda Jazz. Everything else, falls in between.

For your first car, I think the Honda Jazz will be the best for you. Small yet fun to drive. Downside though is it's hefty price.

Next would be the Mazda 2 HATCH., it's cute ... really. FC is adequate, comfort yes ... but maintenance cost is still a big " ? "

Next in line would be the Toyota Yaris. 1.5L car. Comfort is also a given, yes. Parts are cheaper, since it's a toyota. :hysterical:

Then it goes on and on. But it will be then again depending on your preferences. All are good cars, really. IMO ... do a test drive of all of this ( if possible ) or visit the dealers to see the actual unit itself up close.

It's going to be your first car, so I presume you wouldn't want to regret your decision soon.

Goodluck. ;)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    One car comes to mind...

Honda Jazz 1.5L A/T

unless you want something even smaller...

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rockiee_s View Post
    hi arin, good morning.

choosing a car is really difficult yet fun. i wish u goodluck on getting your first ever car.

how about price? is it part of the consideration?

i have a 2008 picanto a/t and a 2007 mazda 2. fuel consumption, picanto is the best. pero mazda 2 has a better ride. mas smooth.

tapos, u have the i10 also to choose kaya lang never had this and di pa rin ako nakasakay sa kanya.

i'm sure dami tutulong sa yo dito on what to choose.
    Yes it is very difficult for me and for everyone else i guess. Even if i have read a lot in this forum with regards different cars. "hay parang lahat gusto, lahat pwede" :3 feeling dami pambili. Anyways, thank you for your suggestion, now i am choosing between the three (like what renzo_d10 and ghosthunter suggest):

- Honda Jazz
    - i10 (i also have in mind the i20) pero wala pa ata dito sa pinas? tama ba?
    - and or getz

still on continous reading forum...

wish me luck tsikoters... and THANK YOU for the replies.

any suggestions/recommendations are highly appreciated

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    If budget is no problem, a Cooper is the best. But for a more pedestrian taste, Jazz is my choice.

You can also inquire when will Suzuki bring the SX4 hatch. Its bigger than the Swift.

BTW, some consider the Swift as a pauper's version of a Cooper. So its up to you then.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    If budget is no problem, a Cooper is the best.
    A true Mini Cooper?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ArinWiccan View Post
    - i10 (i also have in mind the i20) pero wala pa ata dito sa pinas? tama ba?

Walang i20 dito. i30 lang, ta's medyo mahal.

Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    A true Mini Cooper?
    Siguro. Baka.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Honda Jazz
    Mazda2 Hatch
    Hyundai i10
    Hyundai Getz
    Kia Picanto
    Suzuki Alto
    Suzuki Celerio

Hehe. Some of the mini cars.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    yaris since one of your conditions is fuel consumption and it's got better comfort feel than the jazz. . .but imo, any of the two will do

isa-suggest ko sana ang mazda 2 since it's a new model, but mazdas aren't known for fuel economy (but we don't know about this one). . .forget about the picanto if you're looking for comfort

do not ask for performance for the choices that you have. . .performance results will just be comparatively ok with the rest of the options, but not necessary satisfactory. . .if you're serious about performance, look to one of the models in the sub-compact level--civic, lancer, corrola, focus, etc

good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Planning on buying my 1st "ever" tsikot