New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Best 2 door in our country would be the ... Suzuki Jimny ... Then you an modify it to look like a Mercedes Benz G-wagen or a Land Rover Defender ... Definitely a head turner ...
    TS is looking for a sporty ride, not a slow 2-door 4x4. Even if you modify it to look like a Merc G or an LR, it ain’t going to be sporty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Egan101; November 1st, 2018 at 11:58 AM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Best 2 door in our country would be the ... Suzuki Jimny ... Then you an modify it to look like a Mercedes Benz G-wagen or a Land Rover Defender ... Definitely a head turner ...

it might turn heads,
    but for the wrong reason.
    heh heh.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Unless his daily office route is through twisty mountain roads, a sporty vehicle won't be so sporty in reality ...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Look for a good used gen1 supercharged BMW MINI. Sort the quirks out w/ updates & upgrades, maintenance will be simple. The electonics, elementary. Fun daily & project in 1.Planning to buy a sporty daily driver

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Given the choices, it would have to be the MX5, then the BRZ. If buying new, it would have to be the Civic RS. The Focus has a potent engine but it has a heavier body than the Civic.

For me though, I would go with a used WRX and then tune it to STi power outputs.

Sure the civic is faster and a little bit lighter but that doesn’t mean its sportier.

Autodaily.vn | Honda Civic 1.5L VTEC Turbo 2016 vs Ford Focus 1.5L EcoBoost 2016 - YouTube

Skip at 8:46 and at 13:05

Although we can’t understand the language, we can understand the context of the video. The Focus is faster on their mini track, and it handles tighter than the Civic RS...

Pero sa pogi points, I think Civic RS talaga ang panalo.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Unless his daily office route is through twisty mountain roads, a sporty vehicle won't be so sporty in reality ...
    You can’t blame people for wanting a fast car. A sporty ride does not need twisty mountain roads everyday, maybe just something to get you quicker than most of those boring rides on the road.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Have the same problem with the TS i was eyeing the miata rf, but when i sat on it sa pims last week, lagpas ng windshield ulo ko at mukhang hindi proportion sa akin. My height is 6'2" weight is 220lbs
    If the ts is a bit smaller than i am my recommendation is miata

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Look for a good used gen1 supercharged BMW MINI. Sort the quirks out w/ updates & upgrades, maintenance will be simple. The electonics, elementary. Fun daily & project in 1.Planning to buy a sporty daily driver

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    totally agree with the mini

friend whose family owns only SUVs and CUVs

he used his own money to buy a mini

--

i get it

pag puro SUV/CUV ang dina-drive mo lagi

there are times you just wanna drive a go kart

9. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    My vote also for civic rs, or maybe add to your choices lancer evo v11 above though second hand nga lang makuha mo for this one.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ^I'd pick the Civic RS as well. Mas simple pero beasty.

Still the jimny ain't what he wants definitely.... huwag na ipagpilitan.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast