New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Hello!, planning to buy a pick-up but not decided yet what brand to get, choosing between hilux e 4x2 vs mit. strada glx 4x2. Could anyone give recommendation on either brand for me to weigh which on e to get? regards to all! thanks.

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    If you're gonna be using the pickup for city driving and personal use, I suggest you go for the Strada GLX since its ride is softer and it's easier to maneuver thanks to its shorter turning radius.
    If you're going to be loading heavy stuff on the bed, the Hilux would be better since it has a bigger bed and from experience, it can load heavier loads without sagging too much. The engine even though it's weaker on paper than the Mitsubishi, won't break a sweat.
    I'm assuming though that you won't be hauling stuff most of the time so I'd go for the Strada this time. You might also want to consider the D-max LX and the Nissan Navara 2.5 4x2 M/T.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    It depend on were you will use the vehicle . For carrying heavy load i choose the Hi Lux Or the D- Max LX.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    kung "form factor" and creature comforts plus power i suggest go for the Navarra.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Navarra, Strada and D-Max lang kung diesel pick-up.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kyukyuk View Post
    Hello!, planning to buy a pick-up but not decided yet what brand to get, choosing between hilux e 4x2 vs mit. strada glx 4x2. Could anyone give recommendation on either brand for me to weigh which on e to get? regards to all! thanks.
    If you're gonna be using the pickup for city driving and personal use, I suggest you go for the Strada GLX since its ride is softer .
    +1 ^.

*TS, brand new or "pre-owned".? why limit (your choices) only between the two? For payload, get the Navara.

Kung brand new, may matagal ng thread for this,...

Re: planning to buy bnew pickup, advice pls
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...t=27440&page=2
    Last edited by KERSMcRae; October 5th, 2009 at 12:43 PM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Get the strada softer ride at a great price. Pangit ng mags ng hilux e ( pre-facelift fortuner's mags ) nagmukhang surplus.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Value for money...Strada GLS 2.5L 4x4 at 1.2M.

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    Value for money...Strada GLS 2.5L 4x4 at 1.2M.
    IMHO, mas value for money yung Strada GLX 2.5L 4x2 at 925K. Just spend the remaining savings on fender flares, 17" wheels with thicker tires for that GLS look. Damn why can't they release an A/T version for this? Nakakakatamad na magdrive ng Manual.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by noobskie View Post
    If you're gonna be using the pickup for city driving and personal use, I suggest you go for the Strada GLX since its ride is softer and it's easier to maneuver thanks to its shorter turning radius.
    If you're going to be loading heavy stuff on the bed, the Hilux would be better since it has a bigger bed and from experience, it can load heavier loads without sagging too much. The engine even though it's weaker on paper than the Mitsubishi, won't break a sweat.
    I'm assuming though that you won't be hauling stuff most of the time so I'd go for the Strada this time. You might also want to consider the D-max LX and the Nissan Navara 2.5 4x2 M/T.
    tnx for the advice bro... its already 70 - 30, in favor of strada, heard of D4Ds engine problems as well, tho per toyota's SA, problem has been solved already(sana nga).... kaso kakatakot baka matapat sakin he he he ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
planning to buy a pick-up