New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    wigo is a daihatsu, not a toyota the door handles look like they came from their 80's 90's parts bin

ciaz = CIty from A to Z. it's hard to beat something if you copy it too much LOL i'd be more interested in the Ertiga than Ciaz

city's CVT transmission doesn't have the track record to prove that it's reliable in the long term so proceed w/ caution
    Ciaz and Ertiga share the same engine and I think under chassis as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jawo View Post
    Yes planning to buy bnew. Mas mahal ba maintenance sa suzuki sir compared to honda?
    Pinakamura ang maintenance ng Suzuki.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    May nakakain nanaman ng ampalaya dito lol.

Btw, why did you not consider the vios over the wigo? Since two of your choices naman eh subcompact.
    Hi sir, nag ask ako sa sister ko mas gusto niya yung wigo.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Wala rin namang proof na unreliable ang current cvt ng honda.

My family has the 2015 city vx cvt and has ran more than 20k kms. Never encountered any problems regarding the tranny up until now.

i didn't say they're unreliable. i just said they have no track record yet for the current CVT. i wouldn't be saying this if they didn't screw up their first attempt

20k kms. what do you expect? bago pa yan

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    i didn't say they're unreliable. i just said they have no track record yet for the current CVT. i wouldn't be saying this if they didn't screw up their first attempt

20k kms. what do you expect? bago pa yan
    So may alam ka bang ibang competing model na naka-cvt rin na mas reliable pa kaysa city? Yung mismong subcompact din ha. Baka sabihin mo naman yung vios lol. Last year lang naglabas ang toyota ng cvt para dun.

Quote Originally Posted by bochokoks123 View Post
    Im planning to buy City E. When you say unreliable ang CVT. What do you mean ?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Yan yung tanong na sinagot ko kanina regarding sa reliability ng cvt na walang ding proof na unreliable, di yung sayo.

Masyado ka namang assuming eh. Alam ko din naman kasi na wala kang binanggit na unreliable ang cvts nila so you should try to stop assuming things...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    why pine for the cvt, to the apparent exclusion of the more traditional AT? there's nothing wrong with the old 4AT and others similar to it.
    i used to drive a cvt. and i tell you, "it's nothing to write home about".

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    why pine for the cvt, to the apparent exclusion of the more traditional AT? there's nothing wrong with the old 4AT and others similar to it.
    i used to drive a cvt. and i tell you, "it's nothing to write home about".
    Is this a question regarding toyota's decision in ditching the old 4ATs of their vios & yaris in favor of the new cvts?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    CVTs, based on my experience are a lot smoother than conventional ATs, not to mention more fuel efficient. In terms of reliability, a few years ago, I have driven a 7-year old Honda City CVT (110,000 mileage, company issued) for 2 years and I never had any problems. Kaya when they issued a new manual transmission company car, I cried.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Is this a question regarding toyota's decision in ditching the old 4ATs of their vios & yaris in favor of the new cvts?
    no naman.
    it is just my belief that being stuck with the traditional AT over the cvt is not really that bad.
    and crying because one was issued a MT and not an auto, is something i do not understand. i still use MT in my favorite drive...

millennials...?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    no naman.
    it is just my belief that being stuck with the traditional AT over the cvt is not really that bad.
    and crying because one was issued a MT and not an auto, is something i do not understand. i still use MT in my favorite drive...

millennials...?
    Nagiging ot na haha.

Ako rin. For me, mas ok talaga ang manual, especially sa highways but on cities like metro manila minsan nakakapagod din kung puro traffic lang naman ma-encounter mo.

Kaya for many people, mas gusto nila ang at/cvt kasi mas convenient na din. If di ka satisfied sa performance, they have sports mode naman where you can shift sequentially pero dont expect it to act exactly like a manual would. Yun ang edge ng mga bagong auto or cvt ngayon over the older 4 speed autos and they have more gears to choose from.

Sa akin there's no problem kung may traditional auto parin basta wag lang 4-speed because we could say na prehistoric na yan in today's standards since way back pa meron na yan sa mga older cars. A 5-speed will already do. Kaya nung bata pa ako, i always dont like the autos before kasi puro 4-speed lang sila vs. sa 5-speed ng manual.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Ok pa ba ang lancer today? We are planning to buy our car, I want a City, hubby wants Lancer.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast