New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i would suggest a Honda city. it seems for me a lighter car to drive and park compared to a Toyota corolla.
    but everything will be based on the second hand car condition you will be able to find.
    Test drive the cars before buying second hand and prefer that the missis will also be the one test driving to gauge her satisfaction since she will be the primary driver.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Allow me to suggest something outside the box ...

2015 Suzuki Jimny AT

3. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    I would go for the Altis. bigger engine, bigger car. cooler AC.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mak Letran View Post
    Wife needs a car of her own, not keen on getting a brand new one since we're still paying mortgage sa current car namin.

We currently have a budget of 600K, Vios is out of the equation since ayaw niya daw kasi 'grab' car.

Looking at Altis and City VX since pareho low maintenance and fuel efficient.

Here are my pro's and con's so far for the 2:

Altis 14/15 1.6V (2016 model up is out of budget)
    + Bigger
    + more 'elegant'
    + TOYOTA
    + low maintenance
    - considering the budget, older model

16/17 City VX (VX+ model is out of budget)
    + fuel efficient
    + lot of features
    + newer model
    - maintenance cost more expensive vs Toyota

Any suggestions for other cars and +/- on my choices is appreciated!

Thanks!
    Since you mentioned that this would be the wife's personal car, I'd suggest you go with the City with it being the smaller and newer car. If I'm not mistaken, Honda recommends a 10k kms maintenance interval, so lesser downtime is a plus. Also, the L15 engine is currently used in 5 different Honda models with 2 being 7 seaters, and 1 in turbocharged form, so reliability is a given.

Sent from my SM-G965N using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Thanks everyone for your inputs, got a steal 2016 VX+ from my officemate with just a little over 15K ODO - owner is an expat and he rarely uses the car (he got a company provided car service), he'll be flying out na by next month and he sold me his car. Got it for 100K below market price.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Thanks everyone for your inputs, got a steal 2016 VX+ from my officemate with just a little over 15K ODO - owner is an expat and he rarely uses the car (he got a company provided car service), he'll be flying out na by next month and he sold me his car. Got it for 100K below market price.
    That’s good. Just change the transmission fluid with the original Honda CVT fluid on time... I’d change the fluid now if I were you if it hadn’t been changed by your friend.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    That’s good. Just change the transmission fluid with the original Honda CVT fluid on time... I’d change the fluid now if I were you if it hadn’t been changed by your friend.
    when do you change the cvt fluid ba? last maintenance niya sa casa was May of this year.

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    when do you change the cvt fluid ba? last maintenance niya sa casa was May of this year.
    Honda PH recommends to replace CVTF every 2 years or 40k kilometers. =) You can decide to follow per their schedule or "offset" a little. But as recommended, since you aren't the first owner and you don't really know the conditions it was subject to, for peace of mind, changing it would be best. =)

9. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Wow congrats and VX+ pa. Super nice steal.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Honda PH recommends to replace CVTF every 2 years or 40k kilometers. =) You can decide to follow per their schedule or "offset" a little. But as recommended, since you aren't the first owner and you don't really know the conditions it was subject to, for peace of mind, changing it would be best. =)
    As I remember with my previous Honda, the schedule for maintenance is in the manual booklet. That’s true... Wag tipirin pag palit ng CVT fluid, it’ll significantly help extend the life of the transmission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast