New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hi po....

Kung bibili po ako ng 2nd hand car sa Philippines kailangan po ba nandun ako kapag nilakad na ung registration and transfer of ownership to my name?

If yes, ano po bang requirements kailangan ko ipadala sa seller so he can go on with the transfer of ownership and the registration?

Thank you po mga pips.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    sir sa pagkakaalam ko, with the tranfer of ownership dapat presnt kayo dito sa philippines... if matagal pa bailk niyo dito then deed of sale na lang muna sa kapatid or anyone whom you can trust with your life...

then pagdating dun na lang yung procedures for tranfer os ownership.

i might be wrong, hintayin natin yung iba.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ganun po ba?

Uwi po kase ako sa may. taga pampanga po kase ako at ung binibilhan ko taga manila so i assume that the registration during the past years was done in manila. When I come home I want to use it when I go to Pampanga and I don't want to be hustled back to manila to do the paperwork. I read in here that you can only do a transfer/registration in the place where the car was registered during the previous year.

Transfer of ownership and registration are two different things right? or they should be done together?

The car's plate number starts with U and ends with 8.... Can you tell when the car's registration is due?

If you did the transfer of ownership and got that complete in manila, can I do the registration in pampanga for this year? Or do I have to do the registration in manila too since the transfer of ownership was done here and the car's registration last year was done in manila?

Thanks again.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    You could register your vehicle at any LTO district office...you just need to pay a penalty of 100 php for change of venue.....with regards to the transfer of ownership you have 2 options: (a) you could transfer the venue but you need to request for a transfer from the Lto office ( which the car's certificate of registration was first registered) then will forward all the papers of the said vehicle to your prefered Lto office e.g. Manila West to Pampanga dist. office, but this will take some time about a month or so, (b) you could make the transfer of ownership done in manila e.g. Manila West dist off. just have it transfered to the same office and have your annual renewal in Pampanga.

since your vehicle ends with 8, you should register this during August, but take note of the middle digit...1,2,3, is 1st working week....4,5,6, is 2nd working week...7,8 is the 3rd working week...9,0...is 4th working week....failure to register your unit within the prescribed week will incur a weekly penalty if I'm not mistaken...hope this helps.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ans_lim,

Indeed, it is helpful.

The car should be registered 2nd week of August then, thanks. So the owner can transfer the papers to my name in manila and when i come home I can drive to Pampanga and have it registered there August 2nd?

Paperwork, buyer not in the Philippines