New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Echusen View Post
    Boss hindi pasok sa budget.ko ang Jazz.
    Re: sitting position... Maybe you should make sure that you are positioned correctly, before you "blame it" on the car?

Driving Position - Basics and Beyond - YouTube

2. Join Date
    May 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Many are now equipped w/ the Ooops-it's-too-late idiot light. OBD gauges are your workaround....They tell & do more.Owning my 1st ever car.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    Nice. I'd like to have more data in front of me, but sometimes you just want to have a quick glance on the dashboard to make sure that the needle is tad in middle.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Echusen View Post
    Boss hindi pasok sa budget.ko ang Jazz.
    Jazz and City are basically the same car, sir. Exterior design lang pinagkaiba.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Many are now equipped w/ the Ooops-it's-too-late idiot light. OBD gauges are your workaround....They tell & do more.Owning my 1st ever car.

It seems that most of the cars the TS is looking at do not have temp gauges anymore. I think this is why it became popular for Vios cab drivers to drive with their hoods unlatched, apparently for better air circulation.

Had no idea OBD gauges can still tell exact temperature even though the car doesn't have the gauge anymore though. I have one in my 07 Santa Fe, which has no MID. The fuel consumption meter is not right at all. It just goes up or down depending on my pedal input.

5. Join Date
    May 2019
    Yeah, there must be a coolant temperature sensor to sense the temperature and report it to the computer. I'm not sure if Brios have one as they don't have a gauge.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Wave24/7 View Post
    Yeah, there must be a coolant temperature sensor to sense the temperature and report it to the computer. I'm not sure if Brios have one as they don't have a gauge.

googling,
    it has an overheat warning icon...
    so who's sending it the signal? the computer, or an independent temp sensor?
    Last edited by dr. d; May 29th, 2019 at 03:32 PM.

7. Join Date
    May 2019
    oh an icon. lol

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    googling,
    it has an overheat warning icon...
    so who's sending it the signal? the computer, or an independent temp sensor?
    The ECU needs all the sensors & signals. They are all there. Having no readable gauge has dealership advantages...no complaints from paranoia, & guaranteed heft of a service & repair bill from a popped idiot light. Not having any of that. All of ours are hooked w/ Scangauges. Peace of mind is priceless.Owning my 1st ever car.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    The ECU needs all the sensors & signals. They are all there. Having no readable gauge has dealership advantages...no complaints from paranoia, & guaranteed heft of a service & repair bill from a popped idiot light. Not having any of that. All of ours are hooked w/ Scangauges. Peace of mind is priceless.Owning my 1st ever car.

"ignorance is bliss", according to the oldies.
    heh heh.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I wonder who it was that had the very bright idea of replacing temp gauges with idiot lights. Right now, I think all mainstream brands are following this practice with their A and B segment offerings, though the Koreans seem to be reintroducing the temp gauge in their smaller cars as seen in the Soluto.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast