New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    hi peeps may dilema yung friend ko nakabili sya ng car ... kaso nga yung ID ng orignal owner expired na and wala na sa dating tirahan( tried going and the new house owner doesnt have a forwarding adress) ... ano ba posible steps na pede pa nyang gawin para ma trnasfer sa pangalan nya yun car.. thanks po

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Maybe you can computer edit the copy of the ID with you to make it look like it hasn't expired yet?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Maybe you can computer edit the copy of the ID with you to make it look like it hasn't expired yet?
    that was the advice of some of our friends as well, but my friend (car buyer) said the Muntinlupa LTO was very strict that he doesnt wanna risk being jailed for fabricating the ID ....

any more inputs guys? thanks

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    If the seller sign the title when he sold the car in order for your friend to get it transferred into his name, why would he need the ID's seller for? If he have all the proper ducument sign by the seller, I dont see any problem at all to transfer into his name.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    If the seller sign the title when he sold the car in order for your friend to get it transferred into his name, why would he need the ID's seller for? If he have all the proper ducument sign by the seller, I dont see any problem at all to transfer into his name.

same idea here. if everything has been properly signed, including the deed of sale, and the papers are in order, like presence of original OR/CR, no need for the ID of the seller.

kung open yung DOS, medyo may problema ata.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    same idea here. if everything has been properly signed, including the deed of sale, and the papers are in order, like presence of original OR/CR, no need for the ID of the seller.

kung open yung DOS, medyo may problema ata.
    it doesn't work that way bro .. according daw sa LTO kailangan kung kanino nakapangalan ung CR ay may valid ID at signature dapat.. lets say si PEDRO(seller) binenta yung kotse kay JUAN. si JUAN ngayon gusto na ilipat sa pangalan nya ung auto.. meron DOS si PEDRO(seller) at JUAN ang kaso nga lang yung photocopy ng ID ni PEDRO(seller) expired na... and si PEDRO(seller) hindi mahagilap .... that's the scenario ...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kenzie View Post
    it doesn't work that way bro .. according daw sa LTO kailangan kung kanino nakapangalan ung CR ay may valid ID at signature dapat.. lets say si PEDRO(seller) binenta yung kotse kay JUAN. si JUAN ngayon gusto na ilipat sa pangalan nya ung auto.. meron DOS si PEDRO(seller) at JUAN ang kaso nga lang yung photocopy ng ID ni PEDRO(seller) expired na... and si PEDRO(seller) hindi mahagilap .... that's the scenario ...

thats the tough part bro. assuming ganun na nga ang nangyari sa TS. so it means he cannot transfer the ownership of the vehicle to him? i am sure there are loopholes on this policy. or, ano yan? pwedeng makuha sa lagay?

the deed of sale is a legal document, so by all means, it should be honored. what is the sense of the ID? tapos kung ID ng seller is expired? is it the fault of the buyer? is it his problem to locate the seller? if this is the case, then i would go for GH's suggestion to have the ID edited.

a suggestion too is to have an affidavit or something duly notarized stating that the seller cannot be found already. this can be presented to LTO, and is also a legal and sufficient document.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    siguro i check nila validity nang signature don sa DOS.. kaya kailangan nang valid ID..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bakit kasi hindi agad nai-transfer yung ownership?

Kung strict sa Muntinlupa LTO, try other LTO branches.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Bad yan

akala ko pa naman good boy ka GH

the deed of sale is a legal document, so by all means, it should be honored. what is the sense of the ID? tapos kung ID ng seller is expired? is it the fault of the buyer? is it his problem to locate the seller? if this is the case, then i would go for GH's suggestion to have the ID edited.
    yes sir fault ng buyer kung expired ang ID na kasama sa DOS. For signature verification po kasi un. For all you know pineke pala ang DOS at walang consent ang me ari. In the first place po kasi hindi dapat problema ang pag locate sa buyer kung ipina-process kaagad ang transfer di po ba?

a suggestion too is to have an affidavit or something duly notarized stating that the seller cannot be found already. this can be presented to LTO, and is also a legal and sufficient document
    eto po ang tama. "affidavit of warranty" po yata ang tawag dito IIRC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
orig owner can't be found HELP