New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Guys, i need to replace my rear tire, isang tire lang so its not really practical to buy two kc ok pa naman yung kabila. I am thinking of getting a second hand tire na lang sana para di masakit sa bulsa medyo la rin kc ako budget for two new tires at the moment. safe ba gamitin ang mga ganito and where kaya ako pwede bumili na d naman ako lolokohin. I mean saan honest shop ako pwde bumili nito?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    why not use the spare as the replacement and the old one as the "new" spare? just a thought.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mahirap tyumempo ng 2nd hand na hindi regrooved ang treads. Karamihan ng nakikita ko dito sa mga 2nd hand shops inukitan na nila.

Gawin mo na lang reserve yung isang good rear tire, then buy a pair for your front tires, front tires move to rear. Nagawa mo pang mag tire rotation in the same time.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    ah ok thanks for the replies.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    I am using the spare as the replacement nga as ssaloon suggested cguro stick to it muna til i get enaf budget for two new tires. Sana tumagal kahit 1mont lang til i get the budget for it. Thanks ulit po sa mga reply.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    san maganda bumili ng second hand tires?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Not recommending this, unless you know the previous owner....

11.3K:snow:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    My Familia is currently using a set of 4 Goodyear Ducaro GA about 98% Thread. Got it from a mags shop in banawe from a brand new Sentra GSX who hopped in, traded his stock mags and tires for an upgrade. Lucky me, got it for 1,350 a piece.

Hirap naman kasi sa ibang 2nd hand tire is yung upod or kain ng goma. yung iba hindi pantay. that would affect your car's performance.

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    as long as you know how to look and translate stamping sa tires its all good... All my tires are 2nd hand... everything is a ok... usually i look for mags with tires that is a good buy then I'll sell my old ones with fracture of the cost... kasi ang mags po tumataas yung price... before I can buy 15" Rota mags with good tires now its only the mags w/ no tires... well depend rin sa mags... but my target is really the tires as long as the mags looks decent ok na yun... plus easier to change....

for me when changing tires always by 2
    Last edited by 1997; November 20th, 2010 at 11:54 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 1997 View Post
    as long as you know how to look and translate stamping sa tires its all good... All my tires are 2nd hand... everything is a ok... usually i look for mags with tires that is a good buy then I'll sell my old ones with fracture of the cost... kasi ang mags po tumataas yung price... before I can buy 15" Rota mags with good tires now its only the mags w/ no tires... well depend rin sa mags... but my target is really the tires as long as the mags looks decent ok na yun... plus easier to change....

for me when changing tires always by 2
    husay dapat 2 kung sobra spare nalang

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Opinion about using 2nd hand tires