New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    helo guys!salamat sa mga response b4.right now,ive decided to buy 2nd hand nalang.(be practical daw,tsaka me plan to move out o/d country).ok lang ba bumili ng automatic na 2ndhand?o manual.im thingking na baka mas mabilis masira ang A/T?note:dpa ko marunong magdrive...tnx ya all!!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Its a pity kung hindi ka man lang matutong mag manual.

Pero sa inaalala mong sira, mas prone to abuse ang manual, pero naaayos naman, gagastos ka lang.

Gastos lang sa gas kasi mabigat ang AT. Saka mas mabagal.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    since you still dont know how to drive, I suggest getting a manual. Reason, if you know how to drive a manual, its easy to drive an AT. But if you learn how to drive on an AT its harder to learn a stick shift.

But if you really want an AT, then I suggest you read the sticky on automatics by theveed in the workshop.

Dont forget to have a trusted mechanic check the car before you buy.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    thanks sa reply!
    manual it is...
    (out muna ko.mamaya ulit.nakakapagod mg tingin ng ads...hirap.(dpa ako lumalabas nyan ha?as in nakaupo lang infront of the comp habang nagtetext at nagcocol sa mga sellers...))

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by stagemom View Post
    thanks sa reply!
    manual it is...
    (out muna ko.mamaya ulit.nakakapagod mg tingin ng ads...hirap.(dpa ako lumalabas nyan ha?as in nakaupo lang infront of the comp habang nagtetext at nagcocol sa mga sellers...))
    i would go for automatics...

tagal na din ako nagddrive, and while its fun to make hataw hataw when you're say, 16-21, pretty soon the traffic will get to you. your left calf muscle will be bigger than your right, at pag nag long drive ka the constant effort required to shift manually could prove to be more tiring than the sightseeing proper.

a decent, well looked after auto tranny that is not abused or starved of fluid will last longer than a manual transmission (at least, yung mga ones produced after 1990... earlier ones are a pain talaga). maka-5 palit ka siguro ng clutch bago ka mag overhaul ng tranny. maybe more. kapitbahay ko naka 92 pajero suvic hanggang ngayon maganda pa yung automatic. na overhaul na twice yung engine yung automatic ganun pa din.

ewan ko lang ha, baka tumatanda na lang talaga ako, hence my desire for automatics, hehe.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I agree with the others na starting to learn manual might be a good idea since di ka pa marunong mag drive and learning it will make learning AT a cake.

But I wouldn't rule out owning an automatic for your first car if thats what you want....

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yes its ok. If your really preferred owning, driving AT tranny.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    if youre going to buy AT na 2k2 up, safe na siguro.

mas delikado pa nga bumili ng manual bec. not all manual drivers drive alike. from clutch disk to broken gears pa poproblemahin mo dyan

it's perfectly ok to start driving AT. problema mo lang naman yun occassions na ikaw lang ang designated driver and you have no choice but to drive the available car that is MT.

like for example, if you're in African Safari or trekking Mt. Pinatubo.
    or youre in the states, at MT na lang available na rent-a-car and youre going to be late. kelan ba nangyayari ito.

Manual will soon be extinct as more and more cars are manufactured and as more people demand for AT. syempre, pag AT ang high demand that will mean mas magiging cheap ang manufacture ng AT cars.

tingin ko nga ngaun niloloko na tayo ng mga manufacturers eh, dapat mas mura na AT ngaun and MT ang mahal bec. it's becoming rare.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    My wife refused to learn M/T when she was still new to driving. To her, it's not worth the effort when so many vehicles here are A/T. I asked her what if she visited the Philippines. She replied, "I'll commute or take a taxi". Sure enough on her most recent trip to the Philippines, she did just that.

As for a 2nd-hand A/T car..... Just like any used car, it needs to be checked out by a certified mechanic.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ringostarr View Post
    tingin ko nga ngaun niloloko na tayo ng mga manufacturers eh, dapat mas mura na AT ngaun and MT ang mahal bec. it's becoming rare.
    Its not that the AT is more popular and more widespread that it should be made cheaper, the components of AT (aka the raw materials) is still more expensive than MT.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Is it ok to buy 2nd-hand A/T cars?