The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Bpi gave me 25% 5YRS. One month advance

Sent from my C2305 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    1. Find the best loan deal from the banks. Make them compete against each other by showing the loan officer lower deals offered by rival banks. I managed to get the best deal (lowest interest rate, lowest chattel mortgage, and lowest insurance premium) by being shrewd with the loan officers.

2. At the same time, you should also be canvassing the best deals for dealers. If you're interested in newly released models, don't expect a lot of freebies as demand is much higher therefore the dealers can be stingy in giving out freebies.

3. If you're not picky on getting the latest model, you can get massive discounts on end-of-cycle cars as dealers want to get these out their warehouses as soon as possible to make way for the new models. I got 80k discount, a free AVT touchscreen HU with back-up camera, 3M tint, and LTO registration this way.

Good luck on your search!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Hi Lyle, like you, I was a first time buyer of brand new car. I made different research on the car, dealer, bank and if even computed an estimate of how much my monthly amortization will be. Funny to think, may spreadsheet ako ng different cars aligned with the bank and the interest. I even went to different bank to know their interest and how much pag arrears or one month advance. I negotiated on the free insurance. Since BPI ang bank ko and they have free insurance, they were able to bring the interest down to 24%. after the bank, dealer naman. It's not true na walang freebies. I was able to get multiple quotes from different dealers and told them to give me more discount and freebies. Pagandahan na lang ng deal. I was given a 15k discount, free LTO, tint and other items.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Wow thank you for this. Most of my concerns were answered. Yes, I was informed nga po na kapag bank financing, no more discounts, free lto reg, chattel mortgage etc. Is there a way para makuha ko pa rin tong freebies thru bank financing?

Would this also mean na my only task is go look for a CASA with my available unit of choice and hayaan ko nalang yung bank na makipagusap sa kanila and make the haggle sa freebies? Or should I still be the one to haggle?

Pardon me since I don't see the logic since bank financing would mean at most cases na hindi na ko makakakuha nung freebies na binibigay sa in house financing (free lto, chattel etc). So kapag ako makipaghaggle tapos nalaman nila balak ko magfinance sa bank then what are my chances na may mapapala pa ako sa pakikipagbargain sa CASA.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dumb_bizkit View Post
    Hi Lyle, like you, I was a first time buyer of brand new car. I made different research on the car, dealer, bank and if even computed an estimate of how much my monthly amortization will be. Funny to think, may spreadsheet ako ng different cars aligned with the bank and the interest. I even went to different bank to know their interest and how much pag arrears or one month advance. I negotiated on the free insurance. Since BPI ang bank ko and they have free insurance, they were able to bring the interest down to 24%. after the bank, dealer naman. It's not true na walang freebies. I was able to get multiple quotes from different dealers and told them to give me more discount and freebies. Pagandahan na lang ng deal. I was given a 15k discount, free LTO, tint and other items.
    Hi sir dumb_bizkit. Altis din po ba yung kinuha niyong car? Yung picture niyo kasi hehe. Btw sir naenlighten din ako sa post niyo. At least medyo nakampante ako kahit insurance at free lto reg pede pa rin mabigay as freebie kahit bank financing. Anyway, so canvass muna ako ng bank then casa. Wooo! :D

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Thanks po sa lahat ng nagreply sa thread at nagshare ng inputs. I know what to do now. Excited on my first car purchase.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Sir try mo bpi. May free insurance sila... ginawa namin. After maaprove ang car loan.Naghanap din kami ng dealer at ang aproach namin sa SA is ganito. Sabi namin ay. Meron na kami approve car loan sa bank. PO na. So anu ang magandang deal ang ibibigay mo. Para sayo na kami kukuwa.. after that binigay na lang namin yung name nung agent sa banko at sila na ang nag usap din...

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

7. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Yes Lyle that's my new ride! more than a month pa lang.

Quote Originally Posted by dumb_bizkit View Post

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by macoi14 View Post
    Sir try mo bpi. May free insurance sila... ginawa namin. After maaprove ang car loan.Naghanap din kami ng dealer at aproach namin sa SA is ganito. Sabi namin ay. Meron na kami approve car loan sa bank. PO na. So anu ang magandang deal ang ibibigay mo. Para sayo na kami kukuwa.. after that binigay na lang namin yung name nung agent sa banko at sila na ang nag usap din...

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Thanks the great tip macoi14. O nga eh, di pa naman ako magaling makipagnegotiate. Btw nagtry ako maginquire sa bpi kanina, the manager gave a me a quote of 26% sa interest. Wala siya binaggit na free insurance though. Then just to share, I also tried sa eastwest and it was disappointing. I didn't like how I was treated nung car loan staff, she even had to refer to me to customer service since she doesn't know how to answer my question. But yeah bottomline, pinahirapan ako sa requirements then the interest was a staggering 32%!

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Will try to ask for a quotation sa UCPB and PSBank next. So far I'm decided sa Altis 1.6G. Still debating if manual or automatic. Plus very accomodating BPI. Really easy to comply with the requirements.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by macoi14 View Post
    Sir try mo bpi. May free insurance sila... Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    yup may free 1 year comprehensive insurance ang BPI. Tip sa mga spot cash buyer dyan... Once na approved na ang BPI car loan, start paying your due on the 1st month lang then on the 2nd month before the due date pay nyo na lahat ang utang sa bangko. Voila naka save na kayo ng 1 year comprehensive insurance. Saka na lang problemahin ang next year insurance. Bwahahaha

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast