New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002

NEW CAR buyers will not only have to contend with higher automobile prices, they will also have to pay three years' worth of registration at once for their new vehicles.
    The Land Transportation Office adopted the new registration scheme in order to collect up front the P1.2 billion it had projected to earn from new car registrations over the next three years.

The registration will be valid for three years, however.

New vehicles covered by the plan would be limited to those purchased from LTO-accredited manufacturers like the Chamber of Automotive Manufacturers of the Philippines Inc., the Truck Manufacturers Association and the Motorcycle Development Program Participants Association.

Aside from third-party liability insurance, the scheme requires new car buyers to secure a Department of Environment and Natural Resources certificate of conformity before their vehicles could be registered.

Lovely Quipot, LTO public information officer, said vehicles assembled and
    sold by non-LTO-accredited firms would still be registered under the old yearly schedule.

Apart from the added expense, Quipot said the new scheme "will give some peace [of mind] and comfort to car owners because they do not have to go back to us yearly until [after] that third year."

She clarified that there would be no increase in registration fees, except that new car owners would have to pay three years' worth at once.

Under the scheme, new light vehicles would cost P4,800 to register; medium-type vehicles, P10,800; heavy vehicles, P24,000, and motorcycles, P720.

She said there would be no increase in driver's license application fees.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ang gagaling nila!!!

yong kikitain sa tatlong taon, ngayon na gagastahin....

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sa akin okay lang yung 3 year advance. At least isang kotongan na per 3 years hehehe. Pero paano kaya yung reg sticker renewal? Kung papipilahin pa din parang kalokohan ito.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dapat ibigay na nga sayo ang stickers mo for three years!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    What if you sell your vehicle after a year? Do you get a refund?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    I think it's OKAY, so long as they don't get 'amnesia' a year from now and decide to abolish that law requiring those affected to re-register (and REPAY).

Pero yun nga lang, by getting the LTO earnings for the next 3 years, the present administration will be depriving the next administration of its revenue. Pag dating ng next administration, magrereklamo sila na wala na silang funds. THEN, they'll start to charge MORE for LTO registration... :-(

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    hmmm...assuming that the LTFRB will be increasing rates annually for the next three years, it may actually be a good deal. masakit lang nga ung initial payout

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    [SIZE=3]This is a good scheme for them kasi after mag-end ang administration, tanggal na rin siguro sila sa position. So, buti na yang nakukurakot na nila bago magtapos ang term ng present administration. Alam naman natin lahat kung saan napupunta itong mga fees na ito. Reklamo nga pamilya ko doon sa Davao na walang bagong mga aspaltadong mga daan kasi walang budget.

I must say and excuse my language when I say: "kapalMUKS" nila!!! Wala' ngang nakikitang changes sa pagkontra ng corruption, nangungulekta na sila? Dapat sugpuin mula nila ang corruption before they implement something like this to gain the public's trust. This is about collecting billions of pesos. Dapat ipakulong lahat ng mga magnanakaw sa gobyerno muna bago sila mag-pass ng Guideline na something like this. Nakaka-disappoint naman! If putting these crooks to prison is impossible, then, at least campaign against it. I had hopes sa gobyerno ni GMA, but it seems puro lang naman pala sa salita.

You might say, what about GARCIA? and the rest of the AFP personnel charged with corruption? Isn't it enough then to put these people to jail? As what most people say, the current situation is just the tip of the iceberg. What about Customs and DPWH. Ito yung mga top government bureaus na harap-harapan ang kurakot. But corruption is apparent to the entire government structure. Isang doctor nga sa amin na si Dr. Gloria sa Digos, Davao del sur na nakapagpatayo nga ng Secondary Hospital(worth 20 million pesos ang building) since naging secretary or assistant-secretary sa Department of Health yata siya noon. Kakayanin kaya niyang magpatayo ng hospital sa maski sweldong P35,000/month noong nasa DOH pa siya? Ang yayabang pa ng mga relatives, kesyo may ospital at naka-Pajero pero ninakaw naman pala yung pinangpapatayo ng ospital. Kung sabagay, sa atin lang naman siguro ang pinagyayabang ang mga ninanakaw.

I simply don't get it anymore why the government still continue to ignore all these na nasa bagong millenium na tayo. Nakakasawa na itong kurakot at nakakasawa na rin na makitang naghihirap ang mga kamag-anak ko hanggang ngayon sa Pilipinas.

Haay naku! napapa-out of topic tuloy ako nito! I am simply disheartened by all these policymakers and we all know where it is bound anyway. You might say, "at least my ginawa sila", but do you really think they are doing it for the good of the people? or are they doing it only to enrich themselves......
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]The sad truth is that people already know the answer but seem to ignore it as well.[/SIZE]
    Last edited by cyberdoc95; January 7th, 2005 at 12:14 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    As I've said before... what can you expect with this present corrupt (GMA) administration. Never ending pahirap! Naubos yung kaban ng bayan last eleksiyon. Ngayon they are trying to source for a fund. This is BS!

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    ok lang siya actually kesa nga naman mag increase ng mag increase ang LTO, ang problem dyan is kung ibebenta mo after a year ang car mo... then paano na yung 2years na binayaran mo?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
New car buyers to pay 3-year fees!!!