New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    18
    #1
    I'm thinking of buying a 2nd hand Rav4, year 2005. Kung kayo ang tatawad, hanggang magkano nyo tatawaran 'to?

    Please see the ad.

    http://www.**************/index.php/...owsing+History

    TIA

  2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,236
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierre_one View Post
    I'm thinking of buying a 2nd hand Rav4, year 2005. Kung kayo ang tatawad, hanggang magkano nyo tatawaran 'to?

    Please see the ad.

    http://www.**************/index.php/...owsing+History

    TIA
    Can't see the ad. If its a Sulit ad, do post the Sulit ID number as Sulit links are somehow censored here.

  3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,517
    #3
    The price seems fair since it's already the facelifted version. try to haggle 20-40k less.

  4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,236
    #4
    Ay, ayun na nga pala. Found the hidden Sulit ID. Hehe~

    Considered low mileage na yung car and very low priced, so I'd say its worth a look. Have an eye for signs of being flooded though. And since 1.8L to, don't expect much in terms of performance.

    I say if you're gonna negotiate, considering that there's nothing wrong with the car, I think you can have a starting point of 350k.

    But then the resale values of Toyota cars are high. Are you sure this is the one you want? You know you can get a slightly newer 2.3L Ford Escape for less.
    Last edited by GTi; January 4th, 2013 at 03:41 PM.

  5. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    18
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by crave View Post
    The price seems fair since it's already the facelifted version. try to haggle 20-40k less.
    Sir what do you mean by facelifted version? Sorry, I'm really a newbie about car stuffs.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Ay, ayun na nga pala. Found the hidden Sulit ID. Hehe~

    Considered low mileage na yung car and very low priced, so I'd say its worth a look. Have an eye for signs of being flooded though. And since 1.8L to, don't expect much in terms of performance.

    I say if you're gonna negotiate, considering that there's nothing wrong with the car, I think you can have a starting point of 350k.

    But then the resale values of Toyota cars are high. Are you sure this is the one you want? You know you can get a slightly newer 2.3L Ford Escape for less.
    Do Ford Cars also have surplus parts? Thanks for the reply sir.

  6. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    18
    #6
    Sir one more thing, what's with the 1.8L engine? Panget ba performance ng mga 1.8? Makain ba sya sa gas? The higher the number ba mas panget performance? I've heard 1.3 engines are good.

    Tsaka parang ang hirap makahanap ng Escape na MT, puro AT halos sa mga buy&sell websites.

    By the way, I've seen the car in person, yung brake-light sa left tail light ayaw magwork. The seller claims pundido lang daw. But somehow I don't believe it, yung car kasi ng sister ko is about the same age pero gumagana pa lahat ng ilaw. What might be the cause of it?


    Thank you very much sa mga replies mga sir!

  7. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,362
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierre_one View Post
    Sir one more thing, what's with the 1.8L engine? Panget ba performance ng mga 1.8? Makain ba sya sa gas? The higher the number ba mas panget performance? I've heard 1.3 engines are good.

    Tsaka parang ang hirap makahanap ng Escape na MT, puro AT halos sa mga buy&sell websites.

    Thanks for your insights sir!
    Sir AFAIK walang MT na Escape satin. About naman sa engine size, generally the displacement/engine size is directly proportional to its fuel consumption, meaning masmalaking makina, masmalakas sa krudo. So yung 1.3 definitely ay tipid compared sa 1.8. But the thing is, smaller engines are fit for smaller cars lang. For a CUV/mini SUV like that 2005 Rav4, 1.8 would seem to be underpowered. Normally for that car size is 2.0 to 2.5 ang makina. That's what they meant about not expecting much about its performance. HTH! :D

  8. Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,736
    #8
    Actually ok naman ang 1.8 RAV4 pero hindi na maganda pag high speeds.

    Although my second gen RAV4 article is slated for April release, I will quote some parts

    Alongside with the rivals, prices are the same at the used car market. Same time competitors can be found in the territory of P300,000-P500,000.
    a 1ZZ-FE 1,794cc that has 145hp at 6,000rpm and 188Nm at 4,200rpm complemented with a 4x2 drive train. If you can recall this engine, it is shared with the Toyota Corolla Altis in their upper tier models, but a manual transmission was paired rather than the Altis's automatic.
    the 1.8 has adequate power but going at high speeds, it will make you wish that you had more grunt. The 2.0 is smooth and quiet that it is not plagued by 4,000rpm noises from inline four Toyotas of old, but sometimes, it has to be revved more especially that stepping more is needed to go on decent speeds.
    Hill climbing is a weak spot for the RAV4, especially that it tends to downshift and the weight penalty can be felt.
    handling can be described as accomplished and steering reacts to your desires. Understeer is evident when cornering at speeds 80kph and above, while the suspension can transmit all road bumps which makes the riding and driving experience a let down, no thanks to the choppy and bouncy ride the passengers feel.
    well good luck!

  9. Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,736
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by leodawesome View Post
    Sir AFAIK walang MT na Escape satin. About naman sa engine size, generally the displacement/engine size is directly proportional to its fuel consumption, meaning masmalaking makina, masmalakas sa krudo. So yung 1.3 definitely ay tipid compared sa 1.8. But the thing is, smaller engines are fit for smaller cars lang. For a CUV/mini SUV like that 2005 Rav4, 1.8 would seem to be underpowered. Normally for that car size is 2.0 to 2.5 ang makina. That's what they meant about not expecting much about its performance. HTH! :D
    Actually may Escape MT dito dati, pero sold lang siya from 2002-2004

  10. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    70
    #10
    Crv gen2 ka na lang andun na halos lahat ng basic requirement ng oto at tama lang fuel consumption lastly madali imaintain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Need your insights here mga bossing! Buying a 2nd hand car.  (Noob)