New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    U can consider the 2014 kia k2700 4x4 double cab. pick up or drop side. Was considering this vehicle before for the same purpose. Its about P950K

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    If you can stretch ur budget for 200k more get the all-new MU-X of isuzu

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Pickup. Strada or Ranger XL.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    What is the payload? How many passengers or cargo? You might be interested in cars like the IPV, Hilux FX or L200 FB. At less than 900k, they are much more practical than their more expensive, base model pickup brothers while sharing the same platform, engine and cockpit.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Base to mid level (M/T) trim models of brand new pick-up trucks are usually below 1M mark. If you intend to use it for the reason it's built, then you won't have any problem on whatever brand you choose. If you're looking for some luxuries, having a 1M budget isn't enough.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by joey_ed27 View Post
    For a 1M budget what vehicle can you recommend thats capable of dealing with daily grind of provincial rough roads and long distance highway driving.

SUV / pickup sana would have been ideal but since hindi kaya ng budget Im guessing a reliable AUV would do.

Thanks

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Masters thank you for all the suggestions. Highly appreciated

Unfortunately spoke to my dad ang gusto nya is a A/T-DIESEL. He is based in Mindanao but will eventually transfer to the metro in a year or two. He plans to drive the vehicle from Zamboanga City to CDO and possibly take the long route to Manila (a couple of times) since my brother has special needs.

Did some research and 1M is simply not enough. That said I've narrowed my choices with the ff: (no particular order)

1. Mitsubishi Strada 4x2 Standard AT - P1,115,000 (I like Topgear's review on this)
    2. Mitsubishi Montero 4x20 Non VGT - P1,308,000 (my current ride, im confident there is big discount)
    3. Toyota Innova 2.5 E DSL - P1,062,000 (closest to the budget, although my dad is skeptical that its clearance is low)
    4. Isuzu Sportivo - P1,195,000 (a relative says Isuzu is dependable)
    5. Isuzu D-Max - P1,196,000
    6. Nissan Navarra - P1,191,000 (my father in law used to own one)

All are retail prices and hopefully I can eventually secure a discount to bring it closer to my dad's budget.

Thanks in advance.

(How do I edit my first post & thread title?)

7. Join Date
    Jan 2014

go for innova!

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Perhaps you can also ask for your father's opinion regarding his preferences.

Does it have to haul lots of cargo? Seat many people? How bad are the roads you are going to traverse? Though the Innova has a lower ground clearance, it's chassis is just as sturdy as any SUV or pickup, being traditional ladder frame.

If you get a pickup, you will most likely have to invest in a bed cover or canopy. Going out of town means lots of luggage, and you wouldn't want to expose it to the elements and possible theft.

Personally, I'd go for either a Montero or Everest. I hear they're giving pretty hefty discounts nowadays to clear existing stock.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

9. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Montero! :D

10. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Montero rin pero i doubt there will be a 300k discount for this. So innova 2nd choice and strada for 3rd

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Need suggestions (1M budget)