New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Hello!

I'd like to ask for help here. I'm a first time car owner who recently bought a used car. I'm the third owner of the car and the previous (2nd owner) didnt really know much about the paperwork needed for buying a used car. Fast forward to now, im looking to sell the car. We (the second owner and myself) never bothered to change the registrations to our names. A very interested buyer asked for the cancellation of chattel mortgage and i realized i didnt have it with me.

I showed him the release of chattel mortgage but he said it's different from the cancellation, though the release document did say that that it was fully paid and all.

I'm completely clueless over what to do now. I tried contacting the original owner but she is completely unresponsive.

What do i do? can i go to the mortgaging bank and ask for the cancellation document myself?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-R
    Last edited by Rysun09; May 7th, 2018 at 09:00 PM. Reason: corrections

2. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Rysun09 View Post
    Hello!

I'd like to ask for help here. I'm a first time car owner who recently bought a used car. I'm the third owner of the car and the previous (2nd owner) didnt really know much about the paperwork needed for buying a used car. Fast forward to now, im looking to sell the car. We (the second owner and myself) never bothered to change the registrations to our names. A very interested buyer asked for the cancellation of chattel mortgage and i realized i didnt have it with me.

I showed him the release of chattel mortgage but he said it's different from the cancellation, though the release document did say that that it was fully paid and all.

I'm completely clueless over what to do now. I tried contacting the original owner but she is completely unresponsive.

What do i do? can i go to the mortgaging bank and ask for the cancellation document myself?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-R
    I don’t exactly know how the process but you bring that release of chattel mortgage to Land Registration Authority (LRA) in Quezon City to apply for the cancellation of Chattel. HTH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Kung willing ka ipalakad sa ibang tao (mat extra charge of course), PM mo ako. Irefer kita sa “the guy” ko.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by robot.sonic View Post
    Kung willing ka ipalakad sa ibang tao (mat extra charge of course), PM mo ako. Irefer kita sa “the guy” ko.
    Sent PM sir

5. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by polar01 View Post
    I don’t exactly know how the process but you bring that release of chattel mortgage to Land Registration Authority (LRA) in Quezon City to apply for the cancellation of Chattel. HTH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think i forgot to clarify, the release of chattel mortgage i have with me did not come with a copy of the promissory note which is crucial to the whole transaction i think.

Need Help Transferring the CR to my name