New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kreme View Post
    *Gecko
    Thanks, I'll try to bring it to the casa(Honda Dasma) if the seller will agree.

*GTi
    I really hope that's the case. I'm almost sure that it was not Ondoy flooded (Purchased Oct 2009 - Ondoy was Sept 2009), not sure about other floods though. LTO records is clean(texted "LTO VEHICLE abc123" to 2600). Not sure about police records and accidents.
    In that case, I suppose the only things you will have to be looking out for would be signs of neglect and/or accident. But at a tender age of only 16tkms old, I believe it is a highly desirable car. Even if it was driven hard or neglected at some point in its life, the mechanicals should still be able to bear it.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    (Purchased Oct 2009 - Ondoy was Sept 2009)------ the more na dapat mo tingnan mabuti kasi it's just a month after Ondoy...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ And those were the times that some CASAs sell flooded stocks as brand new...

The text system of the LTO isn't reliable at all. Tried texting once the plate number of LTO and yet it appeared to have no alarms nor apprehensions. Guess they don't update their text system.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    They sold flooded stock as bnew? That's $*#&(*$
    I'll try to have it checked also at the casa(dasma). This would be weird if the casa who sold a flooded stock will check if it was flooded. But I don't think honda dasma was flooded, though I forgot which honda dealer it was bought.

I see, so that LTO text system is not reliable.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    *kreme: Oo naman meron talaga..kaya nga ingats ka dapat...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    *kreme: why not look at 2010 units, baka meron kasya sa budget. at least yung gap between ondoy and date of purchase would be bigger..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Need help and tips for deciding a 2nd hand car.