New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    hi guys newbie here. i'm turning 18 next month and a freshman college student, my parents gift was 800k worth car. mainly used is for city driving & school. my problem is i'm torn between this 2 cars.

2010 mazda 2 hatch 1.5R 795k.
    2010 honda civic 1.8V 868k. (wish i can still extend their budget a bit.)

the modifications that im thinking is just a set of mags. my dad will also shoulder the maintenance of the car. any inputs ? TIA

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    ...lucky #&*%.

Haha, just kidding! Welcome to tsikot!

Between the two, if you can ask your parents to stretch their budget, then no doubt, go for the civic. I don't have to think twice about it. They're leagues apart.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Civic (if you could be luckier)

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    I have an allergy on Honda cars so no doubt Mazda2 for me. I will also give my insights why I chose Mazda2 not just because I have a thing with Honda cars.

1. Mazda2 is just so cute, cool and unique and of course.. New! Civic FD looks great too but my vote goes to Mazda2 for looks. Spirited Green nagagandahan ako sa color na ito hehe.

2. You are a student, you need a more fuel efficient car, although I believe hindi rin naman sila gaanong nagkakalayo sa FC. around 2-3km/l lang siguro ang pagitan nila.

3. You won't need the space of Civic. Maswerte naman masyado yung classmates mo kung may kasabay ka man or may mag-hitch. Your chick should be enough hehe. Isa pa, I'm 100% sure, may family vehicle naman kayo na malaki (may pambili para sa 18 year old na anak eh hehe) so hindi na issue yung kung space.

4. You don't really need the demonic speed of Civic FD, all you need is to enjoy cruising with your new car. Mazda 2 fits you. Mas pang-bagets pa hehe.

5. Yung matitipid nang parents mo, hingin mo nalang pampalit nang gusto mong i-upgrade. ICE and mags.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Definitely the Honda Civic between the two! You might also consider the Chevrolet Cruze which sells for 808k for the base 1.8L and 858k for the 1.8LS. It is newer than the Civic, IMO looks better, has an equally good engine and the LS variant has more features for your money like airbags, 16 inch wheels and even traction control! Instead of buying the Civic, you can save the money for some upgrades as well.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    if i'm in your shoes i'll probably wait for the ford fiesta before making a decision

7. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tsupermario View Post
    if i'm in your shoes i'll probably wait for the ford fiesta before making a decision
    Not bad too.

It's just that the Civic is too big for a student, parang nagtatrabaho na tuloy ang arrival niya. Like I said, kung magsasabay siya ang seswerte naman nang maghi-hitch sa kanya hahaha. His chick is enough.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Thank you for your inputs. I love the looks of the two. If i choose mazda 2 ill get the dark blue color of it, if i choose the civic FD ill probably get the black one. Im so excited about the 2 cars, especially its my first car. how about riding comfort ? ill be driving it from mandaluyong to mendiola during schooldays.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ben_david19 View Post
    Not bad too.

It's just that the Civic is too big for a student, parang nagtatrabaho na tuloy ang arrival niya. Like I said, kung magsasabay siya ang seswerte naman nang maghi-hitch sa kanya hahaha. His chick is enough.
    hahaha. my chick is always enough pre'

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by iian02 View Post
    hi guys newbie here. i'm turning 18 next month and a freshman college student, my parents gift was 800k worth car. mainly used is for city driving & school. my problem is i'm torn between this 2 cars.

2010 mazda 2 hatch 1.5R 795k.
    2010 honda civic 1.8V 868k. (wish i can still extend their budget a bit.)

the modifications that im thinking is just a set of mags. my dad will also shoulder the maintenance of the car. any inputs ? TIA
    Mazda2.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Need Help!! gift for my 18th Birthday..