New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Hi guys, I'm looking for suggestions for buying a 2nd hand car for my first car.

Conditions are.

1. It should be A/T
    2. Handling.
    3. PMS cost.

My Top picks are.

1. Toyota VIOS 1.3E A/T
    2. Honda City
    3. Ford Focus
    4. Honda Jazz

TIA

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I'd go with the Jazz. Ticks all your boxes. It has better cargo flexibility than the City and is easier to park. Performance is also very good, and it doesn't feel cheap at all. Honda PMS is done every 10tkms rather than the usual 5tkms interval, if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    the jazz is nice but do you really need that flexible rear on a daily ? the city offers more boot volume. and when a something crashes onto your rear the city offers more distance...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Wala sa list pero I'd buy an fd

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by sean-archer View Post
    Wala sa list pero I'd buy an fd

Sir Sean, I'm considering the Civic too, aside from space and power, what will be the advantages if I chose the Civic over those sub compact cars I'm looking at? TIA

P.S. I'm also considering the Altis G

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    ^Of course there's also the prestige of driving a car of a higher ranking. You do have to contend with higher fuel consumption though, since the FD comes with a 1.8.

1.6L Altis is an excellent alternative to 1.5L subcompacts since fuel consumption is almost the same and yet has the space and added prestige of a compact sedan.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    ^Of course there's also the prestige of driving a car of a higher ranking. You do have to contend with higher fuel consumption though, since the FD comes with a 1.8.

1.6L Altis is an excellent alternative to 1.5L subcompacts since fuel consumption is almost the same and yet has the space and added prestige of a compact sedan.

Sikip ng 10th gen Altis. Pre-facelift version also underpowered and super bare.

I'd take a GE Jazz 1.5 over the Altis 1.6 actually. And this is coming from someone who's owned a 10th gen 1.6G.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    With 450k the TS can already get the post facelift version, up to 2014 model even, according to Olx. Current gen model is still firmly entrenched in the 500s.

Really like the Altis's timeless design though. Kinda like a mini-Camry.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    From the list and chosen criteria, it has to be the Jazz. But at such a budget, I would get a used late model Civic FD (2009-2011) instead. Maintenance between the Civic and City/Jazz is not much different anyway. You may give up a 1 kilometer per liter in fuel efficiency but you have a bigger and faster car.

If handling is a key criteria, the Focus is a much better and more responsive drive than a Jazz or City or Vios. The Focus TDCi (turbo diesel, 2007-2008 MT or 2009-2011 6PS AT) is a good car and thrift on fuel but maintenance is not like a Honda or Toyota. The previous generation Focus (2012-2016) has a low resale value despite being a feature-packed car and offers good handling and a potent 2.0L engine but the DCT is prone to issues.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Alin p ms mgnda piliin s 2010 civic fd manual or automatic?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast