New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Starex VGT hehe. The only models na parang walang reported na big issue are the Sta Fes and the Sonatas ata (which are sold in relatively low numbers din). Our only Korean car in a fleet of Jap cars... Ito talaga pinaka malakas sa maintenance.
    there are also a few for SF: abs, steering coupler/column, leaking washer motor are what i have experienced so far.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Starex VGT hehe. The only models na parang walang reported na big issue are the Sta Fes and the Sonatas ata (which are sold in relatively low numbers din). Our only Korean car in a fleet of Jap cars... Ito talaga pinaka malakas sa maintenance.
    Casa maintained?

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    Casa maintained?

Yes. Doon ko nalaman na yung 5 year warranty ni Hyundai is really just a 3year+2year warranty.

3 years for everything, same as the other brands. 2 years for the rest of the stuff that won't really break. The things that will break, are covered sa 3 initial 3 year warranty but not in the added 2 ;)
    Last edited by mda; October 5th, 2017 at 04:39 PM.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Yes. Doon ko nalaman na yung 5 year warranty ni Hyundai is really just a 3year+2year warranty.

3 years for everything, same as the other brands. 2 years for the rest of the stuff that won't really break. The things that will break, are covered sa 3 initial 3 year warranty but not in the added 2 ;)
    Well rip off talaga ang casa. Lalo sa Hyundai daming kups na casa. Iilan lang matino. Kaya ako di ko na pinasok sa casa Grand Starex ko since 15k kms PMS. Maliban lang nung nagpalit ako g atf, but u brought my own fluids

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    Well rip off talaga ang casa. Lalo sa Hyundai daming kups na casa. Iilan lang matino. Kaya ako di ko na pinasok sa casa Grand Starex ko since 15k kms PMS. Maliban lang nung nagpalit ako g atf, but u brought my own fluids

It's not ONLY the price of maintenance that is bad (although this plays a part).

It's the number of failed parts AND expensive parts sa casa which is problematic.
    Last edited by mda; October 5th, 2017 at 05:26 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's not ONLY the price of maintenance that is bad (although this plays a part).

It's the number of failed parts AND expensive parts sa casa which is problematic.
    what's the mileage? and what particular issues? what casa? i also had a gs vgt. sold it at 64k km no issues except for sticky sliding doors (which according to the gs thread is an easy p100 fix with rubber bushes). i am already planning on getting another.

btt, mazda 3 na. use the yogin3 for the 3 years then maintain it outside the casa after.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    what's the mileage? and what particular issues? what casa? i also had a gs vgt. sold it at 64k km no issues except for sticky sliding doors (which according to the gs thread is an easy p100 fix with rubber bushes). i am already planning on getting another.

btt, mazda 3 na. use the yogin3 for the 3 years then maintain it outside the casa after.
    6 Years, 65K. 95% city driving along exactly the same routes, which is also the case for the rest of our cars.

Issues:
    1. Rotors Replaced (40k php) after being refaced. I was at the casa regularly during this time; I didn't "skip a few PMSs" only to discover na ubos na yung rotors..
    2. Brake pads replaced (10k php a pop) mga 3-4x already.

-- note -- I know the GS is a heavy car pero yung LC120 namin hindi pa inabot ng ganito, nor are the prices crazy for parts.

3. Fuel injector or pump something nagka problema resulting in limp mode, replaced for 30k a few months after the original 3 year warranty expired... Hindi covered sa +2 years na warranty.
    4. Replaced front shocks and front suspension arm (we don't drive our cars this aggressively; yung ibang kotse namin bumibigay yung arms after 90k or 100k, but the local prices for parts are crazy)
    5. Whining steering wheel - leaking rack and pinion, 70k php fix
    6. Aircon nasira, nawalan ng lamig. Cost an arm and a leg to fix
    7. some other minor issues that were either covered under warranty, or is too minor to mention

Not quite the equivalent of your Mazda, but compared to all our other jap cars (of which, the average age of those cars are older than this GS and with combined mileage of over 400,000KM), this one takes the cake sa after-warranty PHP outlay...
    Last edited by mda; October 5th, 2017 at 07:16 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    6 Years, 65K. 95% city driving along exactly the same routes, which is also the case for the rest of our cars.

Issues:
    1. Rotors Replaced (40k php) after being refaced. I was at the casa regularly during this time; I didn't "skip a few PMSs" only to discover na ubos na yung rotors..
    2. Brake pads replaced (10k php a pop) mga 3-4x already.

-- note -- I know the GS is a heavy car pero yung LC120 namin hindi pa inabot ng ganito, nor are the prices crazy for parts.

3. Fuel injector or pump something nagka problema resulting in limp mode, replaced for 30k a few months after the original 3 year warranty expired... Hindi covered sa +2 years na warranty.
    4. Replaced front shocks and front suspension arm (we don't drive our cars this aggressively; yung ibang kotse namin bumibigay yung arms after 90k or 100k, but the local prices for parts are crazy)
    5. Whining steering wheel - leaking rack and pinion, 70k php fix
    6. Aircon nasira, nawalan ng lamig. Cost an arm and a leg to fix
    7. some other minor issues that were either covered under warranty, or is too minor to mention

Not quite the equivalent of your Mazda, but compared to all our other jap cars (of which, the average age of those cars are older than this GS and with combined mileage of over 400,000KM), this one takes the cake sa after-warranty PHP outlay...
    Hindi kaya kinakahoy ng casa ang parts mo? Gawain yan ng mga casa e

Sent from my SM-A9000 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post

I was thinking the same thing.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post

same thought came to mind.

mda
    so almost same mileage as my gs. the only difference is my gs was regularly exercised at nlex-sctex and slex on long drives.

yung brakes and rotors palagay ko hataw then preno gawa mo like all the other guys in the gs thread who had to replace rotors and brakes even before 20k km. di mo lang aiguro pansin na hataw-preno ang driving habits mo. ako i replaced brake pads at 24k km ONLY BECAUSE i did not like the noisy oem pads, although malapit na din mapudpod yung front. no warping until i sold it.

you did all your repairs at the casa? i had my pads replaced at goodgear pasay, cost was not even close to 6k labor included. sa labas nababantayan mo kotse mo. sa casa pag natapat ka sa tropa ng mga tirador yari ka, laging sira tapos bebenta pa sa iyo yung pyesa na galing din sa kotse mo.
    Last edited by yebo; October 5th, 2017 at 11:21 PM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast