New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    so, despite my bias against korean cars, the accent is proving to be as reliable and durable as the japanese?
    hmmm...
    There were reports of the 1.4L engine suffering from knocking issues before. Is the new batch of the 1.4L Kia/Hyundai engines already free of such issues?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    There were reports of the 1.4L engine suffering from knocking issues before. Is the new batch of the 1.4L Kia/Hyundai engines already free of such issues?
    i also remember reading about these.
    i wonder...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Speaking of Accent another issue I used to hear about was clutch getting stucked for manual variants... Ok na kaya yun?

But yeah totally forgot the Accent. If you can forgive it for being too common and on the roads as taxis or Grab/Uber cars but the diesel is very appealing. Pocket rocket yun for a very cheap price especially on its sedan guise. Mukang innocente pero understated wolf in sheep's clothing...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by SidCoronel View Post
    I operate a fleet of 14 Uber car, for almost 4 years, I've tried almost all sedans against your priorities (yes including the fiesta, forte, name it)...

My high recommendation goes to Accent CRDI, if you are diesel averse... Accent gas will still beat any sedan in all factors you're looking at.

PERIOD
    Maintenance cost?

Hehe are you sure? Dito palang medyo duda na ako.. No offense to you sir, pero Hyundai and low maintenance... does not add up.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Maintenance cost?

Hehe are you sure? Dito palang medyo duda na ako.. No offense to you sir, pero Hyundai and low maintenance... does not add up.
    Siguro because of Hyundai's ridiculous 5000km/3mo maintenance schedule tapos 5 year warranty pa. Parang toyota levels... Pero if you ditch the warranty just like any other car pwede na 10,000km or every 6 months (for diesel cars na daily use)...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Maintenance cost?

Not so low maintenance. Mitsu levels ang Hyundai

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    Based on reviews, medyo tight raw sa loob ang mazda 2 and 3 compared to other competitors, pati ingress/egress din sa likod.
    They are excellent 4 seaters. Hehe. Anyway, blast101 said that space is not an issue since they already have a MU-X. Therefore, Mazda should be in his short list since he is looking for a car with good driving dynamics.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    Not so low maintenance. Mitsu levels ang Hyundai

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Siguro because of Hyundai's ridiculous 5000km/3mo maintenance schedule tapos 5 year warranty pa. Parang toyota levels... Pero if you ditch the warranty just like any other car pwede na 10,000km or every 6 months (for diesel cars na daily use)...
    Lagpas Subaru levels is more likely.

Our Hyundai has been anything but maintenance free... andaming sira...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Lagpas Subaru levels is more likely.

Our Hyundai has been anything but maintenance free... andaming sira...
    Accent ba yan? Diesel or gas?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Accent ba yan? Diesel or gas?
    Starex VGT hehe. The only models na parang walang reported na big issue are the Sta Fes and the Sonatas ata (which are sold in relatively low numbers din). Our only Korean car in a fleet of Jap cars... Ito talaga pinaka malakas sa maintenance.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast