New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Let's wait for 2018. Cuz i too am waiting. But i'm planning on the face lifted Ecosport

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Mazda will win in driving dynamics, the City is more practical. The Jazz is a hatchback alternative to the City.

Up to you. The VX will have SOME of the toys the Mazda has but the City E doesn't (Slightly better interior than the E, Paddle shifters, should help with the 'sporty' feel)

Also consider: Altis G at slightly under 1M. Loses on the sporty feel but is an even more practical choice.
    Does Mazda 3 still have a MT? Wala kasing MT ang 2 at 3 nila sa brochure pero kakarelease lang ng review ng TGP ng MT variant ng 2.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuesford View Post
    Does Mazda 3 still have a MT? Wala kasing MT ang 2 at 3 nila sa brochure pero kakarelease lang ng review ng TGP ng MT variant ng 2.

No MT 3. May MT 2, ka rerelease lang nga.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by blaster101 View Post
    Hi all,

I'm planning to buy a brand new car early next year and would like to have your opinion on which car.

We already have a Mux (m/t) so I'm looking for an a/t this time.

Priorities would be
    1. Driving dynamics
    2. Comfort
    3. Maintenance cost
    4. Fuel economy
    5. Value for money

Space is not a problem since we already have an suv.

Thanks everyone
    altis?
    almera?

there's always a trade-off.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Mazda will win in driving dynamics, the City is more practical. The Jazz is a hatchback alternative to the City.

Up to you. The VX will have SOME of the toys the Mazda has but the City E doesn't (Slightly better interior than the E, Paddle shifters, should help with the 'sporty' feel)

Also consider: Altis G at slightly under 1M. Loses on the sporty feel but is an even more practical choice.
    Same as mda, I'd go with the Altis. Despite all the toys in a City VX and paddle shifters, a bigger car is a better option.

Now, if you want a sporty and quick car for less than 1M, a Fiesta Ecoboost will trump all the other subcompacts in terms of performance. It's a joy to drive, a daily go-kart of sorts.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Same as mda, I'd go with the Altis. Despite all the toys in a City VX and paddle shifters, a bigger car is a better option.

Now, if you want a sporty and quick car for less than 1M, a Fiesta Ecoboost will trump all the other subcompacts in terms of performance. It's a joy to drive, a daily go-kart of sorts.
    But then would you wanna take chance with Ford's DCT? Its news everywhere may lawsuit na nga in other countries pero dito wala semi-tanggi pa din FGP sa issue. All they did was extend the warranty but it does not help solve the underlying problem. That issue also did not help resale values. I would know, used to be a Fiesta owner hahahahaha...

Get the Toyota for practicality and headache free ownership or an MZ2 for the great handling... (although no idea if Mazda ownwrship experience is good beyong Yojin 3)

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    But then would you wanna take chance with Ford's DCT? Its news everywhere may lawsuit na nga in other countries pero dito wala semi-tanggi pa din FGP sa issue. All they did was extend the warranty but it does not help solve the underlying problem. That issue also did not help resale values. I would know, used to be a Fiesta owner hahahahaha...

Get the Toyota for practicality and headache free ownership or an MZ2 for the great handling... (although no idea if Mazda ownwrship experience is good beyong Yojin 3)
    I am merely stating that in terms of driving fun and performance, the Fiesta Ecoboost is one of the cars to beat for anything below 1M. The Mazda2 is the other one but the Fiesta offers much more torque at low rpms. It is a given though that a number of Ford cars with DCT ran into some issues and failures with their DCT tranny. However, any such car purchase has some risks included in it and part of that risk is getting a defective unit, whatever the manufacturer is. If you want less risk, go with a Vios or City.

I could have bought a City or Vios or Jazz three years ago. We had a City and Jazz before and they were not fun cars to drive, if you ask me, so I had to choose something else. I was sold on the Fiesta Ecoboost the moment I gave it a test drive.
    Last edited by Egan101; October 5th, 2017 at 10:04 AM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by blaster101 View Post
    Hi all,

I'm planning to buy a brand new car early next year and would like to have your opinion on which car.

We already have a Mux (m/t) so I'm looking for an a/t this time.

Priorities would be
    1. Driving dynamics
    2. Comfort
    3. Maintenance cost
    4. Fuel economy
    5. Value for money

Space is not a problem since we already have an suv.

Thanks everyone
    I operate a fleet of 14 Uber car, for almost 4 years, I've tried almost all sedans against your priorities (yes including the fiesta, forte, name it)...

My high recommendation goes to Accent CRDI, if you are diesel averse... Accent gas will still beat any sedan in all factors you're looking at.

PERIOD

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by SidCoronel View Post
    I operate a fleet of 14 Uber car, for almost 4 years, I've tried almost all sedans against your priorities (yes including the fiesta, forte, name it)...

My high recommendation goes to Accent CRDI, if you are diesel averse... Accent gas will still beat any sedan in all factors you're looking at.

PERIOD
    Hows the business doing nowadays?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SidCoronel View Post

PERIOD
    so, despite my bias against korean cars, the accent is proving to be as reliable and durable as the japanese?
    hmmm...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast