New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Hi guys. I need tips in buying my first car. I will be spending 300-400k. I prefer matic since I live in the metro. I have these choices: civic fd, city 2009+, jazz 2009+, altis 2008+, crv gen 1 or 2, mazda 3 09+, etc. May nakita rin akong mga santa fe 2007-08 with 420k price( baka marawan ko) sayang rin 7 seater rin. Need help guys. My primary concern is durability, fuel consumption, looks, maintenance cost. This will be a very important thing for me since this will be my 1st car. Thanks sa input guys, marami nakong nabasa pero sobrang torned ako sa choices at mga issues in buying. Thanks again

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmkl View Post
    Hi guys. I need tips in buying my first car. I will be spending 300-400k. I prefer matic since I live in the metro. I have these choices: civic fd, city 2009+, jazz 2009+, altis 2008+, crv gen 1 or 2, mazda 3 09+, etc. May nakita rin akong mga santa fe 2007-08 with 420k price( baka marawan ko) sayang rin 7 seater rin. Need help guys. My primary concern is durability, fuel consumption, looks, maintenance cost. This will be a very important thing for me since this will be my 1st car. Thanks sa input guys, marami nakong nabasa pero sobrang torned ako sa choices at mga issues in buying. Thanks again

Hi. I have a 2007 Santa Fe CRDi. Excellent car loaded with features and performance to be more than worth the money, but in my experience not very fuel efficient, contrary to what most people say, and I have no idea why. Is it just isolated in my unit or are my route plus driving habits really that bad? 5-5.5 pure city driving despite my best efforts and a clean bill of health. Good thing it's a diesel then. Resulting fuel cost is similar to a typical 1.6 A/T gasoline sedan. Very thrifty in the highway for sure, but I haven't had a proper provincial run with it to back my claims with solid numbers yet. Another advantage it has is the ground clearance. Floods have been frequent in some places as of late.

However, if FC is a paramount concern for you, I'd suggest a City or Jazz. No qualms with traditionally excellent Honda quality. Expectedly excellent performance (my friend's 2015 Jazz CVT accelerates faster to 100 stock than my Unichip tuned Santa Fe!) with an engine that has proven itself through the years since its introduction in the first Jazz way back in 2004, and which has since spread to 4 different Honda models in the country for 14 years and counting. If you're in the market for a spirited yet thrifty car that lasts, this is the one to get.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Hi. I have a 2007 Santa Fe CRDi. Excellent car loaded with features and performance to be more than worth the money, but in my experience not very fuel efficient, contrary to what most people say, and I have no idea why. Is it just isolated in my unit or are my route plus driving habits really that bad? 5-5.5 pure city driving despite my best efforts and a clean bill of health. Good thing it's a diesel then. Resulting fuel cost is similar to a typical 1.6 A/T gasoline sedan. Very thrifty in the highway for sure, but I haven't had a proper provincial run with it to back my claims with solid numbers yet. Another advantage it has is the ground clearance. Floods have been frequent in some places as of late.

However, if FC is a paramount concern for you, I'd suggest a City or Jazz. No qualms with traditionally excellent Honda quality. Expectedly excellent performance (my friend's 2015 Jazz CVT accelerates faster to 100 stock than my Unichip tuned Santa Fe!) with an engine that has proven itself through the years since its introduction in the first Jazz way back in 2004, and which has since spread to 4 different Honda models in the country for 14 years and counting. If you're in the market for a spirited yet thrifty car that lasts, this is the one to get.

5.5 km/l seems low. Are there any body else experiencing this? I am also having a hard time since the santa fe could fit in 7 people and the cleance could really help especially during rainy season

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    5.5 km/l seems low. Are there any body else experiencing this? I am also having a hard time since the santa fe could fit in 7 people and the cleance could really help especially during rainy season

Problem is we got the car just January last year, so I have no idea as to its consumption when it was younger. However, Central Diesel gave it a clean bill of health and said they could find nothing wrong with it. In terms of performance, there really is nothing wrong with it too. Acceleration is great, zero black smoke, no leaks whatsoever... But then most of the folks here say they get 8km/L thereabouts. Do take note that I drive during rush hour in QC-Manila heavy traffic most of the time. I also tend to have a rather heavy foot, not to mention that my car is chipped. But FC aside, it rides and drives like a dream or more precisely like a midsize sedan which is actually what its platform was based on. Fuel cost is at around 4k a month for me.

Another option would be the 2nd gen Ford Everest. Even better ground clearance and flood wading capabilities, not to mention excellent off road capabilities should you get the 4x4. It will serve you well, just as long as you expect it to behave exactly as its pickup counterpart.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Not to hijack the thread, but i also have a similar dilemma. buying a 2nd hand civic fd 1.8s versus an xtrail... same year 2007 to 2009. im more concerned on the maintenance cost in the long run.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Get the Honda Civic ...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by digitsman View Post
    Not to hijack the thread, but i also have a similar dilemma. buying a 2nd hand civic fd 1.8s versus an xtrail... same year 2007 to 2009. im more concerned on the maintenance cost in the long run.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
    Agree sa Civic. Another advantage of Honda is the 10k kms PMS interval.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Problem is we got the car just January last year, so I have no idea as to its consumption when it was younger. However, Central Diesel gave it a clean bill of health and said they could find nothing wrong with it. In terms of performance, there really is nothing wrong with it too. Acceleration is great, zero black smoke, no leaks whatsoever... But then most of the folks here say they get 8km/L thereabouts. Do take note that I drive during rush hour in QC-Manila heavy traffic most of the time. I also tend to have a rather heavy foot, not to mention that my car is chipped. But FC aside, it rides and drives like a dream or more precisely like a midsize sedan which is actually what its platform was based on. Fuel cost is at around 4k a month for me.

Another option would be the 2nd gen Ford Everest. Even better ground clearance and flood wading capabilities, not to mention excellent off road capabilities should you get the 4x4. It will serve you well, just as long as you expect it to behave exactly as its pickup counterpart.

I would expect same FC as you because my daily route is qc-ayala. Magastos masyado. Ford everest diesel? Hindj ba gas guzzler rin yun?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I would expect same FC as you because my daily route is qc-ayala. Magastos masyado. Ford everest diesel? Hindj ba gas guzzler rin yun?

The 2.5 4x2 should be thriftier. By how much in my route I'm not sure since I do not own one. You can find the answers in the Everest threads though.

And then again, you can always consider the ultimate appliance. The diesel Innova. [emoji38] If lacking in power, an FMIC and a chip can easily solve the problem.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2016
    The 2.5 4x2 should be thriftier. By how much in my route I'm not sure since I do not own one. You can find the answers in the Everest threads though.

And then again, you can always consider the ultimate appliance. The diesel Innova. [emoji38] If lacking in power, an FMIC and a chip can easily solve the problem.

Hmmm. I think innova would not be in my budget range [emoji2] [emoji23]

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast