New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Need Advice: MY 2000 RAV4 SWAP TO 2006 Focus 2.0L 2nd Hand

Guys is it worth it? gusto ko na swap yun RAV4 ko to a ford Focus.

eto details ng rav4 ko
    CURRENT sale price: 350K to 400K sagad na
    Hindi na updated yan picture. mas marami ng gasgas at tama

pros:
    2000 Model yun 2nd Gen
    2.0 engine 4x4 model po
    original paint
    49TKM
    no accident
    hindi nabaha
    may service records
    wala service booklet
    WALANG TIRIK ang rav4 ko

cons:
    nabili ko ito sa 2nd hand sa ortigas. unknown kung saan toyota ito nabili
    may tulo ng langis
    may moist sa foglights, nilaw na headlights and fogs
    roof rails are natatangal na
    fender liner (tambol) sira sira na
    spoiler umaangat
    may mga gasgas all over narin
    NO SERVICE Booklet
    no car manual
    nabili ko ito 2nd hand
    may tama ang crossmember.
    -----

details naman ng Focus 2.0L Gas hatchback ng ka swap ko
    Current Sale PRICE: 380K to 480K

PROS:
    ford quezon ave acquired nov 05
    2006 model
    top of the line sunroof, moonroof
    AT +/- 4speed
    2.0L engine
    28TKM
    all power side mirror, back up sensor, power seats, dual Ac, etc.. leather
    wala naman kalampag.
    1st owned
    no accident
    very fresh loob amoy leather
    may service booklet
    may service records
    hindi nabaha
    wala daw tirik ang focus nya

Cons:
    trunk lid is soft
    may gasgas sa harap na maliit lang (malabo na daw mata nya)
    may vibration at idle
    sa powersteering lagi lang may error pag start ng engine tapos wala na pero gumagana naman yun steering
    (madumi daw yun sensor kaya may faulty sa dash board)

at eto pa, nung una straight swap kaya lang pinacheck namin sa buynsell, ang advice, dapat mag add daw ako 60K additional kasi marami sya papaayos sa rav4 ko.

Reason for selling: nagsasawa na.
    reasong for selling ng owner ng focus: nagsasawa na.

YOUR INPUTS GUYS? kasi mamaya na yun deal ko pwede ako umatras. MY RAV4 to a focus? what do you think?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    By the looks of it, OK naman ito. Seems that there's nothing wrong with the car (though I'm not a fan of that color), mileage is very low, its quite feature packed, and price is a bit high but reasonable given the mileage. Yun nga lang, parang halos wala kang pinag-kaiba dun. Engine specs are pretty similar, both have good handling, gas mileage shouldn't be too far apart... Aside from the added creature features like sunroof, power seats, dual A/C, etc, parang hindi upgrade kumbaga.

Is the fuel consumption a big factor for you? If not, the Ford Escape V6 is within your budget. Or, you may also consider the more fuel efficient Escape 2.3XLS. Just get the gen 1.5 (with multireflector dual bulb headlamps) for a sportier look. The Escape has very solid underpinnings, is much roomier and more comfortable than your Rav4, has decent (for the 2.3XLS) or excellent performance (for the 3.0XLT V6), and the convenience of higher ground clearance and more cargo space as compared to the Focus.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    For me this is a done deal.

The focus is just a great car. Amazing space, amazing looks. And it's just newer.

Hindi naman yata diesel yung RAV4 mo kaya hindi ka siguro maninibago sa fuel consumption.

Sa maintenance, ground clearance and availability of parts ka lang siguro maninibago.

But looks wise, damn. Pogi ng Focus.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    *sir Renzo
    *sir GTI

thanks sa advice mga boss! hindi ko nabasa earlier yun replies nyo dahil nasa deal ako and took the whole afternoon and signing of papers, etc. nabasa ko yun comments nyo just now. Im very happy with it

well the more exciting part is i just paid the guy 45K tinawaran nalang namin!. good deal . sa the fuel consumption i wont be surprise since both are 2.0. gusto ko maiba naman ang looks sawa na ako sa rav.

about sa quality, very good inside and out. interiors are topnotch compare to my previous rav4. doors are heavy and intack still very tight pa when opening and closing. tachometer gauges is nice although i miss the white from my rav.

the leather smells and A/C smells as if bnew. seen the service booklet walang record ng ondoy and sinusunod ang KM checkup. this guy serviced the focus sa Ford QA. in house lagi. malayo difference ng quality ng focus sa rav4 ko.

performance: aircon is ice cold. engine is wicked strong for a 2.0. compared to my rav. kapit pa talaga ang acceleration pag tapak. unlike my rav4 which will take a while to accelerate and overtake and what i like the most is the manual mode +/-

i left the car for about 2 hours after using it and seen no engine oil leaks underneath.

thanks mga boss.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    yes sir it was a gasoline engine rav4

kanina talaga naninibago ako sa ground clearance. it was low, the rav4 ground clearance is high compare to my focus. it was ok. handling is sharp.
    about the escape 2.3 its good naman kaya lang wala naman ako makitang for swapping or trade ins. the reason i want to swap it is for change naman. the 2.0L is a plus for me and i want it dahil na din sa year model compare to my rav which is already a decade. saka nalang muna ako mag buy ng bnew pag may budget na malaki

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    Great choice with the Focus!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Ako rin gusto ko ng Focus. Hahaha. Enjoy sir!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    changing cars depends on so many things. lifestyle, type of work, use of car. my 2cents worth, ill stick with the rav 4 for ground clearance specially during floods, and baggage space for those long haul sorties. the focus is a very decent car which i'd love to have if i have the extra dough.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Great to know that you've gotten an excellent deal. The Focus is really an excellent car, especially with the 2.0 variant. As compared to the CUVs, I have only two things against it which are the low ground clearance and smaller cargo space. In Metro Manila, what withe huge potholes everywhere and frequent flashfloods, higher ground clearance gives much more peace of mind.

Ayaw mo yung Escape V6? :devil:

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Great to know that you've gotten an excellent deal. The Focus is really an excellent car, especially with the 2.0 variant. As compared to the CUVs, I have only two things against it which are the low ground clearance and smaller cargo space. In Metro Manila, what withe huge potholes everywhere and frequent flashfloods, higher ground clearance gives much more peace of mind.

Ayaw mo yung Escape V6? :devil:
    Naka-drive na ako ng Escape V6. At ako na nagsasabi sa TS, huwag ka bumili nun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Need Advice: MY 2000 RAV4 SWAP TO 2006 Focus 2.0L Hatch 2nd Hand