1. Join Date
    Oct 2005

eto pa din ako ;)

Mazdaspeed Familia

2. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    Magkano po ang budget niyo?
    Trying to limit the budget to 170K bro. Mas mababa price, mas ok sana. If the car is well worth it na a little over 170K, why not.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by myk384 View Post
    The 1.6 models and above EFI na sila, except the base LX model na nila back in 1998 which is carburetor
    Salamat! This helps man thanks thanks

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005

This is the mazda 323 familia (BH-body) came out 96, initially with the topline variant GLX. Come '97, Value leader GLi and sporty Mazdaspeed variant followed. Both available in MT and AT (except Mazdaspeed).
    this is known to followers locally as gen 2. box type is gen 1. gen 2 is available from 96-99. but 99 models are leftover units only. gen 2.5 (the facelifted model) started rolling off showrooms as early as 98.

going back to gen2: 1.6L EFI 16V 'B6' engine.
    1.6 GLi- 1.6L engine, all power, 14" mags, black bumpers.
    1.6 GLX- adds fogs, ABS, 60/40 seats, rear center armrest, center console, rear defogger, push type AC mode
    Mazdaspeed (im not sure if it is based on the GLi as what MTP says, but most that im seeing seems based on the GLX)- adds Aspec bodykits, strut tower brace, MS steering wheel, white faced gauge, rear wing, 15" MS rims, eibach springs and MS shocks, this is more than just for show.

gen2.5

facelifted model
    the facelift is more than those of other makers of same era. this one adds airbag on top models, revised the front and rear fascia heavily, some engine bits also differ. the dashboard is all new (lost dual glove box though). gauge panel gains an LCD odo too. side mirrors are also new (shared with the ford lynx).

model arrangement are now as follows:
    1.3GL- all power, decontented interior, no center console, no rear headrest, vinyl upholstery. black bumpers and side mirrors 1.3L 16v carb engine
    1.6GLi- plus 1.6L engine, rear headrest, cloth upholstery, body colored exterior panels that were black on the GL.
    1.6GLXi- plus 60/40 with rear center armrest, ABS, driver's airbag, center console, rear defogger, foglamps, 4w disc brakes, push type AC mode (not auto climate though). 1.6L models are still avail in manual and matic form. Mazdaspeed models were discontinued. gen2.5 were available 98-late2000s.

323F is also available. hatchback model which is same spec as GLX gen1. were sold from 96-99 on limited numbers only.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    maganda porma nung 323F! I saw one in teal green noon maganda sya. yan din ata yung Lantis.

Kung yung 96 accord manual VTEC pwede din na ata. di naman siguro ganun kalayo fuel consumption nito compared to a mazda 1.6 pero assumtion ko lang ito as marami nga nag sasabi malakas din sa gas ang familia.

Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post

This is the mazda 323 familia (BH-body) came out 96, initially with the topline variant GLX. Come '97, Value leader GLi and sporty Mazdaspeed variant followed. Both available in MT and AT (except Mazdaspeed).
    this is known to followers locally as gen 2. box type is gen 1. gen 2 is available from 96-99. but 99 models are leftover units only. gen 2.5 (the facelifted model) started rolling off showrooms as early as 98.

going back to gen2: 1.6L EFI 16V 'B6' engine.
    1.6 GLi- 1.6L engine, all power, 14" mags, black bumpers.
    1.6 GLX- adds fogs, ABS, 60/40 seats, rear center armrest, center console, rear defogger, push type AC mode
    Mazdaspeed (im not sure if it is based on the GLi as what MTP says, but most that im seeing seems based on the GLX)- adds Aspec bodykits, strut tower brace, MS steering wheel, white faced gauge, rear wing, 15" MS rims, eibach springs and MS shocks, this is more than just for show.

gen2.5

facelifted model
    the facelift is more than those of other makers of same era. this one adds airbag on top models, revised the front and rear fascia heavily, some engine bits also differ. the dashboard is all new (lost dual glove box though). gauge panel gains an LCD odo too. side mirrors are also new (shared with the ford lynx).

model arrangement are now as follows:
    1.3GL- all power, decontented interior, no center console, no rear headrest, vinyl upholstery. black bumpers and side mirrors 1.3L 16v carb engine
    1.6GLi- plus 1.6L engine, rear headrest, cloth upholstery, body colored exterior panels that were black on the GL.
    1.6GLXi- plus 60/40 with rear center armrest, ABS, driver's airbag, center console, rear defogger, foglamps, 4w disc brakes, push type AC mode (not auto climate though). 1.6L models are still avail in manual and matic form. Mazdaspeed models were discontinued. gen2.5 were available 98-late2000s.

323F is also available. hatchback model which is same spec as GLX gen1. were sold from 96-99 on limited numbers only.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    yup, it is the Lantis.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by projectlevity View Post
    Hi guys,

This will be my first time buying a used car.

I'm considering buying either a Mazda 323 '97 familia or a Honda Accord '96.

The things most important for me are:

1. Low Gas consumption
    2. Parts (inexpensive and easy to find)
    3. Considerable Power
    4. Reliability (solid body and high quality engine)
    5. Relatively easier/less expensive to modify

Any comments on the 2 cars?

Thanks!
    Malakas humigop ang Familia. Might as well level up and get the Accord. Best variant IMHO would be the 2.2VTEC M/T. That should be the thriftiest and fastest among all the variants. Ride quality is still up there among the best in the midsize sedan class, even with current models included. Engine performance and handling are great.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    yup, it is the Lantis.
    Thanks bro! Wow complete info on the Familia! I'm leaning towards this car. I know that it eats up gas more than the cars of its class, but I hope it doesn't chug down too much like a 4x4 does.

Had an option for a run down GLi, daming sira. Ang pinaka major is the clutch, replace the entire thing na. Exterior is run down na rin, kalawang and paint. Being sold to me for 90K and I had it down to 80K. Would you think this is a good deal for a run down familia?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Malakas humigop ang Familia. Might as well level up and get the Accord. Best variant IMHO would be the 2.2VTEC M/T. That should be the thriftiest and fastest among all the variants. Ride quality is still up there among the best in the midsize sedan class, even with current models included. Engine performance and handling are great.
    Sa wakas an accord contender! The best accord I see (at least for my budget) is the 98 models and up pero magkalayo sila talaga nang market value sa 97 and below, tama ba?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I'd suggest for you not to take cars that are too run down. You don't know if the problems would continue to come out one after the other, and you'll be having a bottomless money pit.

As for Accord resale, '97 and '98 models are not really very far apart. I say get the newest, best conditioned manual that your budget allows. Here are some: 1998 Honda Accord | Buy and sell online NCR | Ayosdito.ph

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast