New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Good day,

I've been a constant lurker in this forum and the time already came that me and my family needs a car.

I'm still currently choosing if we will be buying a brand new or 2nd hand car, multiple cars that I like, can't decide which one.

Here's the breakdown...
    - I'll be using the car going to office from Cogeo to Ortigas and back.
    - I have a family already, the usual people that will ride it is me, my wife, my almost 2yr old kid and my tita but most of the time only me since I will be using it to get to the office
    - My budget is 500k to 600kish and want to bank finance the car that we will be getting
    - I have already decided that I'll be getting M/T
    - This will be our first car if ever we get one
    - I already took driving lessons before but that was about 2 or 3 years ago and I think I need to get another one again

Here are my choices...
    - For a brand new car, what I really want to get is the i10 or Getz, I do like compact cars (I dunno why, this also happens on my computer setup in which is currently ITX >_<)
    - For a 2nd hand car, the Vios that was followed up by the new Vios today, sorry I'm not sure of the model, or the Mazda 323, or maybe a 2nd hand i10 or Getz

I also have consulted my friends and family and some have advised me to get the new Vios, it is an OK for me but I'm really not into it unlike the i10 or Getz in which I have set my sights on.

From my experience on 2nd hand cars, I have somewhat a "trauma" for the headaches given to use by old cars my dad used to have. I'm not really against buying 2nd hand cars, I just need to find a very very decent 2nd hand car but as of nowadays, it is hard to find one like that.

Right now I'm really at a loss of which move I'll make.

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if you can afford it, get a brand new vios.. it's a compact car. now, the other choices are also small and your family will quickly outgrow them.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    vios for me, base model of the vios which is the J, costs 599K SRP. they now have power windows. are they offering discounts for the new vios?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Read the Getz and i10 owners' threads to get a feel of the cars.

My recommendation: Brand new 2010 Vios 1.3 J ka na. No used car problems to experience, and with full factory warranty pa.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I like the new vios too.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoRedZ View Post
    - My budget is 500k to 600kish and want to bank finance the car that we will be getting
    - I have already decided that I'll be getting M/T
    I'm guessing you mean up to just a few thousand bucks over P600K, but if you do decide that you can stretch it higher, the Fiesta might be worth considering.
    Fiesta 1.4 Style MT sedan: P670K

Fiesta 1.4 Trend MT sedan: P685K

Fiesta 1.4 Trend MT hatchback: P685K

All the 1.4 liter Fiesta models have a Driver's Airbag, ABS+EBD, all power features (including power adjustable side mirrors), 60:40 split folding rear seats and 15 inch wheels.
    Trend models have alloy wheels, Style has steel wheels with full covers.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Thanks for the inputs, I really appreciate it.

Wow the 1.3J has power windows now? Hmmmm....

Haven't visited any of the dealers yet so far since I just browsed the websites for the prices and I am so busy with my schedule.

Any other inputs? It is much appreciated....

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hyundai Accent 1.5CRDi. Its extremely fast and frugal. Its durability and reliability is testified the growing number of Accent cabs on the streets. If you want a bigger car, 2nd hand Innovas are within your budget. As for the Vios, its a fine car, but I see so many of these on the streets already. And the 1.3 engine is weak, even the 1.5 engine isn't as fast as the Accent's diesel unit.

Need advice in buying a car...