New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    hi mga sirs! im a newbie and don't know anything about cars. i have a budget of 300k but i don't know which is more practical or suitable car for me. 2005 model po ba para hindi masyado gamit or mga below pero top of the line na sinasabi nila. suggestion naman po. im eyeing on vios but still not sure. sabi nila baka mabangga ko lang kaya better na luma muna daw. help. thank you po!
    Last edited by ride_explorer; August 26th, 2009 at 05:45 PM. Reason: correctiong infractions made

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ride_explorer View Post
    hi mga sirs! im a newbie and dont know anything about cars. i have a budget of 300k but i dont know which is more practical or suitable car for me. 2005 model po ba para hindi masyado gamit or mga below pero top of the line sabi nila. suggestion naman po. im eyeing on vios but still not sure. sabi nila baka mabangga ko lang kya better na luma muna para hindi mabigat if may mangyri. help. tnx!
    [SIZE="4"]REMINDER: do not post in SMS/TXT format.

RULES: http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/annou...php?f=123&a=19[/SIZE]

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Newer models IMO. Old models tend to have problems due to its aging. On the other hand, newer models, not all, has less problems and if you`ll buy 2007 or 2008 models you could still be inside the warranty period, depends upon the date of their purchase

edit: I didnt see the 300k budget. Well yeah, no 2007 - 2008 car, sub compacts/compacts will be bought at the said price range. Uhm, you could buy some very small cars that is not so old, for example the hyundai getz and something likely the same with it.
    Last edited by renzo_d10; August 26th, 2009 at 07:45 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ride_explorer View Post
    hi mga sirs! im a newbie and don't know anything about cars. i have a budget of 300k but i don't know which is more practical or suitable car for me. 2005 model po ba para hindi masyado gamit or mga below pero top of the line na sinasabi nila. suggestion naman po. im eyeing on vios but still not sure. sabi nila baka mabangga ko lang kaya better na luma muna daw. help. thank you po!
    You can try going for slightly older model cars which will be cheaper and leaving you with some budget leftover for repairs if/when needed.

BTW, 2005 Vios would cost at least P400K.

At P300K your options would be like the ff:

-1998 to 2000 Corolla GLi
    -2002 to 2004 Corolla XL
    -2003 Sentra GS 1.3L M/T
    -2000 Sentra Exalta STA 1.6l A/T (sunroof)

which is more practical in buying 2nd hand cars? do u go for recent or old models?