New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Guys, i need your inputs regarding my choices above, budget is 250k. Close lang kasi ung price nung dalawa ranging from 230k-250k. kaso naguguluhan ako, car will be daily driven from fairview to pioneer mandaluyong, and at least once a vacation on tagaytay, batangas, pangasinan, baguio, bicol etc. ano yung mag fit sa dalawang yan, sasakay is ung wife ko, baby ko and my mother.

or baka may maisusuggest kayo na ibang model na pasok sa budget ko.

salamat po sa mga mag reresponse..

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The Mazda3 will offer a better drive but poorer fuel efficiency. You better opt for the 2.0L model as it offers better features and the same fuel consumption as the lower trim 1.6L model. The Altis offers more interior space, better fuel efficiency, and the usual Toyota access to parts/maintenance. However, you need to check thoroughly such Altis models as some have engine failure caused by oil/gunk deposits.

For the same budget, you can consider a Civic ES (2004-2005, "Eagle Eye"). It offers a good mix of comfort, performance, and fuel efficiency. You can also consider a Sentra GS 2006-2009 as you can get a younger car with a lower budget. The Focus 2.0L (2005-2007) hatchback are also priced around 250k nowadays.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i agree with egan's opinion. the altis is the best choice among the three, but you have to be wary on how the previous owner maintained it.
    but considering your need and the need for a fuel efficient vehicle, why not also look at the mitsu adventure na diesel?

and yes, i also agree on the sentra.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Agree. Altis +1. Cinonsider ko lang yung parts availability.
    Sa Mazda kasi malakas sa gas and mas mahal parts.

But.. it still depends sa sasakyan na makita mo. Mapa Altis pa yan na mataas resale value at madaming available parts, mas importante icheck mo yung pagmamaintain nun previous owner

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The Altis is a safe choice, as any Toyota could be, but it's a bit too vanilla for some. For a daily driver, I will opt for the Civic ES (7th gen), in VTi-S trim. I prefer the way Honda laid out the dash over the high and boxy design of the Altis of that era.

If you prefer a sporty drive with no big concern for FC, it will be between the Mazda3 2.0L, Focus 2.0L HB, or Civic ES 2.0L.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    thanks sa mga input sir, may nag recommend din sakin nung AT na vti s na civic, kaso pag naririnig ko civic high maintenance daw, kaya medyo ilag ako, totoo ba un? ung altis naman spacious siya parang effortless pag tatlo sa likod with medium built.

and kapag altis na AT, ano mas preferred niyo 1.6E 1.6G or 1.8G? ano ba mga difference nila? kung ako lang kasi mas gusto manual para tipid FC, kaso di magagamit ni wifey. kaya mag AT na lang

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The Mazda3 will offer a better drive but poorer fuel efficiency. You better opt for the 2.0L model as it offers better features and the same fuel consumption as the lower trim 1.6L model. The Altis offers more interior space, better fuel efficiency, and the usual Toyota access to parts/maintenance. However, you need to check thoroughly such Altis models as some have engine failure caused by oil/gunk deposits.

For the same budget, you can consider a Civic ES (2004-2005, "Eagle Eye"). It offers a good mix of comfort, performance, and fuel efficiency. You can also consider a Sentra GS 2006-2009 as you can get a younger car with a lower budget. The Focus 2.0L (2005-2007) hatchback are also priced around 250k nowadays.
    like this sir? mukhang ok nga rin, di lang kasing luwag ng altis pero vtec na rin pala to.

sir ung gunk/oil deposits dahil sa engine failure is dahil ba un sa pagpapabaya nung previous owner? or may ganun talaga na sakit ang mga altis?

Honda Civic 24 ES VTEC VTi-S AT For Sale Philippines - Find 2nd Hand (Used) Honda Civic 24 ES VTEC VTi-S AT On OLX

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by d'flash View Post
    like this sir? mukhang ok nga rin, di lang kasing luwag ng altis pero vtec na rin pala to.

sir ung gunk/oil deposits dahil sa engine failure is dahil ba un sa pagpapabaya nung previous owner? or may ganun talaga na sakit ang mga altis?
    Yep, yung Civic from 2001-2005. The "Eagle Eye" is the refreshed model from 2004-2005. "Singkit" ata tawag dun sa 2001-2003 models. The VTi and VTi-S models have 1.6L SOHC VTEC engines while the lower trim LXi has a non-VTEC 1.5L engine. There was also a 2.0L DOHC VTEC model from 2004-2005.

It may look smaller than the Altis but it is quite comfortable inside for its size. It is even bigger inside compared to the Mazda3 or Focus. A properly maintained unit will not be a headache to maintain unless you bought a unit with a failing transmission (AT) or a busted power steering system or a blown engine (from a previous owner who liked to rev it hard all the time).

With regards to the Altis gunk issue, you better check the Toyota threads for it. There is a lengthy discussion about it.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Removed mazda 3 from my choices, pero ngayon lalo ako naguluhan kung altis G 2004 or civic 2004 eagle eye na vtis/vtec. how true ba yung sinasabi na expensive mag maintain ng honda? sobrang layo ba sa toyota?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by d'flash View Post
    Removed mazda 3 from my choices, pero ngayon lalo ako naguluhan kung altis G 2004 or civic 2004 eagle eye na vtis/vtec. how true ba yung sinasabi na expensive mag maintain ng honda? sobrang layo ba sa toyota?
    among the two. i would get the civic para wala na yung engine sludge issues, though i can say na depende pa din yan sa unit na makukuha mo kung properly maintained.

maintaining a honda could be slightly more expensive. mas madali lang mag source out ng toyota parts, pero madami din namang parts ang civic na ganung model.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast