New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Look for a used Subaru Forester XT (SJ platform). If you can find the late model ones (2017-2018) with the steering-adaptive headlights, much better. They would be priced around 1M or less nowadays.

There are crossovers and there is the Forester XT. Comfort, performance, handling, ground clearance, and cargo space - it has what most family needs in a vehicle.

It might be the last Forester XT as Subaru has no plans of reviving a turbo-powered Forester.

If you just want a reliable and easy to maintain crossover with good interior space and comfortable ride, then you can’t go wrong with a CRV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Egan101; January 13th, 2022 at 03:34 PM.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Reviving this thread. Currently, what's our best bet for this? The Kicks is a little over the 1.3M price tag. But I heard the Toyota Corolla & Yaris Cross still uses NMH battery vs. Li-Ion for the Kicks?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by H1Tman View Post
    Reviving this thread. Currently, what's our best bet for this? The Kicks is a little over the 1.3M price tag. But I heard the Toyota Corolla & Yaris Cross still uses NMH battery vs. Li-Ion for the Kicks?
    The Ford Territory is the safe bet imho. Looks good and best in class interior space pa.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2024
    Following this. Currently driving a sedan, planning to get a Crossover too.
    Been watching YT car reviews yet I firmly believe mas okay pa din if personal owned / driven yung mag share ng info versus dun sa pinahiram lang ng ilang araw para umakyat ng Baguio.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last December, may 80K discount ang Kicks.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bxr monkey View Post
    Last December, may 80K discount ang Kicks.
    !!!
    ... the gas, or the e-power ?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    !!!
    ... the gas, or the e-power ?
    Ay puro e-power po ang Kicks.

Kaya ang:
    VE 1.3M+ => 1.2M+
    VL 1.5M+ => 1.4M+

Kaya si family member na 2024 June ang planned purchase, na advance sa Dec. 2023. Hehe.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    The Ford Territory is the safe bet imho. Looks good and best in class interior space pa.
    I would agree. The Territory is the biggest passenger car you can get at this price range. The MG HS, meanwhile, is nearly the same size and is just as feature-packed but I think the Territory will drive and ride better. The MG is currently 300k less than the Territory so it still merits a test drive, if I were the buyer.

• The Yaris Cross has a line a mile long and is, quite unfortunately, a DNGA platform (stay away from those!). The Corolla Cross is an older design and a bit over budget.
    • The HR-V is a decent choice (has Honda Sensing) but what you'll get at this price range is the smaller engine. More of a single dude's ride, I think.
    • The BR-V is a little smaller than the Territory but it seats 7 and will have better resale value. It's a good family car.
    • The Kicks will fit in the budget but it doesn't have a spare tire and is a tad smaller (it will still fit 3 ppl and a dog). Good acceleration and fuel economy, though.
    • The Suzuki XL7 is a practical choice (it's under 1.2M for a mild hybrid) and has lots of space for the doggo.
    • GAC's lineup has a lot that can fit in the budget (including a 7-seater and a sporty "R-style") but it is a bit of an unknown, to be honest.
    • Maxus has a Territory-sized rival that can seat 7, but they are rebranding soon so better wait for that instead.
    • The Geely Coolray can compete but it's an aging platform and there have been issues with the distributor recently.

Thoughts:

I would pick the Kicks if the buyer is looking at fuel economy as the most important factor.

The BR-V if the buyer wants more space for the dog + the kids and is planning to resell the car in the future.

If the buyer is looking at value for money, I would pick the MG HS. It's an SUV for 1M and feels luxurious inside.

The best one of them all is still the Territory, I think. It's big, feature-packed, a brand new release, and drives great.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    • The Kicks will fit in the budget but it doesn't have a spare tire and is a tad smaller (it will still fit 3 ppl and a dog). Good acceleration and fuel economy, though.
    Isa sa unang ginawa ni relative ay bumili ng jack at spare. Ayun, sumikip ang trunk.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by bxr monkey View Post
    Isa sa unang ginawa ni relative ay bumili ng jack at spare. Ayun, sumikip ang trunk.
    Wala ba siyang compartment for the spare tire?

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast