New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2018
    In terms of FC and functionality, same lang po ba ang 2012 sa lower year model. Say 2009 or 2007? Meron din po kasing model year na 2008, or something, with good mileage and better price.

What can you advise sir?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by theripley View Post
    In terms of FC and functionality, same lang po ba ang 2012 sa lower year model. Say 2009 or 2007? Meron din po kasing model year na 2008, or something, with good mileage and better price.

What can you advise sir?
    Escape ba? It is the same platform for the whole 10+ years it was sold locally. The external looks vary across year models but it uses the same engine and platform in more than a decade.

The Ecoboost Escape models replaced that old platform.

3. Join Date
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Escape ba? It is the same platform for the whole 10+ years it was sold locally. The external looks vary across year models but it uses the same engine and platform in more than a decade.

The Ecoboost Escape models replaced that old platform.
    That 10 years started when po?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    That 10 years started when po?
    I think it was 2001 to 2012. The Ecoboost platform was introduced in 2013 but sold locally in 2014.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    I personally own a 2012 Escape, around 60K odo.

The only problem I got so far is the engine support. Watch out for vibrating steering wheel when idle.

Yeah it's a guzzler, 5-6 km/L city driving and only 9 km/L highway driving.

6. Join Date
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I think it was 2001 to 2012. The Ecoboost platform was introduced in 2013 but sold locally in 2014.
    Thank you sir for this great information.

7. Join Date
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by kebloks View Post
    I personally own a 2012 Escape, around 60K odo.

The only problem I got so far is the engine support. Watch out for vibrating steering wheel when idle.

Oh, thanks for joining this thread. It is great to have yo here sir. Do you recommend it? If yes, is there any advice you can share para sa gustong magka-escape?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006

This is expected for a CUV with an engine displacement between 2.0L to 3.0L. Any CRV, Xtrail, Forester, Sportage, or Tucson with a gas engine will have similar fuel sipping habits. Newer CUVs can do better on the highway (10-12 km/L) if you drive within speed limits or lower.

Only the Mazda SkyActiv-powered CX5 proves to be a bit more efficient.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Oh, thanks for joining this thread. It is great to have yo here sir. Do you recommend it? If yes, is there any advice you can share para sa gustong magka-escape?
    I would recommend a 2011-2012 Honda City. You can find a 300k for that. Much more fuel efficient with the same reliability.

But if you are the type who hauls cabinets, tables, chairs every now and then, Escape is your choice. Also, if you don't want to be worried about potholes, curbs and floods.

10. Join Date
    May 2018
    I would recommend a 2011-2012 Honda City. You can find a 300k for that. Much more fuel efficient with the same reliability.

But if you are the type who hauls cabinets, tables, chairs every now and then, Escape is your choice. Also, if you don't want to be worried about potholes, curbs and floods.
    Thanks for the advise.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast