New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Hi po ulit. I'm considering to buy my first car. I narrowed down my choices to 2 cars:
    -Lancer GSR '99 model M/T
    -Honda City Type Z' 01 or 02 M/T

Can I get your honest opinion about these 2 cars regarding the ff. criteria:

-performance
    -driving exp.
    -daily use
    -reliability and maintenance
    -looks department
    -practicality

Baka po makakahingi din ng tips about prices and what to look out for.
    TIA [emoji4]

Sent from my LDN-LX2 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by batang_angas View Post
    Hi po ulit. I'm considering to buy my first car. I narrowed down my choices to 2 cars:
    -Lancer GSR '99 model M/T
    -Honda City Type Z' 01 or 02 M/T

Can I get your honest opinion about these 2 cars regarding the ff. criteria:

-performance
    -driving exp.
    -daily use
    -reliability and maintenance
    -looks department
    -practicality

Baka po makakahingi din ng tips about prices and what to look out for.
    TIA [emoji4]

Performance

Medyo lamang ang lancer since 1.6 ito, pero hindi nman mabagal yung 1.3/1.5 engines ng typez

Driving exp

Have driven both and i prefer the Feel of the M/T of the typez. Although mas sporty ang overall feel ng lancer.

Daily use

Typez will be easier to use as daily driver kasi mas magaan siya and mas maliit ang dimensions.

Reliability & maintenance

Honda wins this hands down. Number one ang honda at toyota when it comes to reliability. Maintenance, spare parts of mitsubishi is a bit cheaper.

Looks department

Lancer GSR wins this kasi 2 door coupe.

Practicality

TypeZ wins because 4 door siya. Medyo mahirap ang ingress/egress sa GSR kasi 2 door lang. Mitsu engines are not known to be fuel efficient, while the D series engines the typez is using are known fuel sippers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Thank you po mga sir. What are the current pricing kaya po sa mga ganyang kotse? And what are the key aspects that I should look at when buying a car po to get a good deal? Sabi po kasi nila rust ang problem ng City while suspension po for the GSR.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For the pricing just look around the car selling sites. You can even do this sa FB
    Marketplace.

Known rust spots ng city is at the rear wheel archs and the roof. Kelangan agapan kaagad kapag meron.

As for the lancer , its the balljoints that make the clunky noise accdg to what i heard from owners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk