New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Hi sirs,

Im really thorned between these two cars, if i choose the lancer i can buy it this month but if i choose the honda city maybe i can buy it next month or latest is march. I've read many forums about this two cars and thinking between the pros and cons of these two cars, IMO i find it really equal.

Practicality, i'm going for lancer but i really want the city it's really a nice car very elegant exterior, spacious interior (well lancer has more space but old body).

Help me guys to decide please :D thanks

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Don't you want to throw in the Jazz and the Yaris?

Halos same price na.

Depends what you really want/need in the car kasi eh.

If you could list that down, maybe we can help you make a better decision from there.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    eto rin pinagpilian ko peron lancer pinili ko. i saved one year worth of amortization payment. 120k price difference eh. pero if you can afford both as well as increasing fuel price, Honda City ka na lang. minimum 8km per liter lang pag city driving ang lancer. i read mas matipid ang City.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I'm planning to buy all in cash, in terms of freebies and discount which manufacturer is better?

This will be my first car actually, it will be my everyday car from Cainta to The Fort and vice versa, and also paminsan minsan sa mga lakad out of town siguro.

Ganda kasi ng porma ng City eh, gusto ko rin naman ung Lancer problema ko lng Old body and maybe maglabas na agad ng bago ung mitsubishi luma na agad un car unlike city last year lang. Hay...

Thanks sa replies :D

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Double post

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    the city is a more modern car (features and looks) than the lancer 1.6 although the lancer really is very cheap for the features it offers.

what's important is that you're happy with the car that you're driving. if you really like the City and will be very happy with it, then go for it. follow what your heart desires. hehe

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    True. The Lancer drinks fuel more than what the City drinks. :hihihi: Dunno the exact figures though.

::

Lancer -- Cheap car with complete features. F/R Disc Brakes. All-power etc.

There is a couple of things I noticed with the lancer though ... you'll have a hard time closing the trunk. :hihihi: Maybe as time pass by, you'll get used with slamming the trunk hard.

And ... the rattling sound.

The lack of power in acceleration.

GLS CVT ... hmmm.... AH! The carbon fiber thing at the dashboard panel. 1-din cd player ( i think. ) Foglamps. etc.

Interior is fair.

One thing that keeps bugging my mind. Why is the lancer cheap ? Is it because of it's old body ? Or is there something else that keeps the vehicle, despite it's features, cheap ?

Answer ? I don't know. Maybe someone can theorize.

::

City -- opposite of what I said on the lancer.

-> Expensive.
    -> Interior is better
    -> Small.
    -> Engine bay is smaller.
    -> Exterior is definitely better.
    -> No rattle sounds

etc.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Hmm thanks for all your reply, as for now i'm really leaning on honda city 1.5e

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    It is cheap because they already recovered the cost of the assembly line. Every new car model needs a new assembly line in the factory.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ypyp08 View Post
    Hmm thanks for all your reply, as for now i'm really leaning on honda city 1.5e
    If you want. You could compare the City 1.5E with the vios 1.5G.

-

With this ... it's looks vs. features.

You can't really go wrong with the Vios. Yes, it carries the same displacement but it offers more power. ;) And ... the vios offers more features.

In example of these are -- Power-folding side mirrors, Turn lamps on side mirror covers, optitron meter gauges etc.

And ... the price of it is just almost the same with the City 1.3S.

Both vehicles are almost the same on its size.

You choose. ;)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Lancer 1.6 GLS CVT or Honda CIty 1.5E