New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    which one would you choose between the 3?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Ferrari pa din. tapos lambo. yun mclaren mukha korean concept car. the ferrari looks like a surgical scalpel ,the lambo a meat cleaver and the mclaren a steak knife hehe. pero kung maclaren F1 iba usapan na

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    yup my dad also wants the ferrari the most but he hasn't driven the mclaren yet, anyway it's on it's way on our house right now to give us a test drive for it.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    pictures pls!!!

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The McLaren doesn't feel as alive as the other two, so says reviews. I could imagine the electronics interfering with your every move, keeping you safe. Fast, yes - but on the side of safe and boring. It's a car built with the mind, not the heart. I mean, who builds a supercar and names it the MP4-12C? (I know they're trying the F1 naming, but it doesn't sound one bit appealing)

The Lambo is old. It's timeless, yes - but it's old. Dunno kung sa US ka bibili or dito, pero wherever you are, mas maraming naka-Gallardo kaysa MP4-12C or 458, just because it's older. It's like the Fortuner of supercars - constant refreshes, but never an all-new model.

Therefore, I'd get the Ferrari. Not only is it blazingly fast, it's blazingly attractive too. Hindi ganun kaelegant yung design (unlike the SLS), but it's pretty in a striking way. Countless reviews have praised its speed and handling.

But in reality, give me any and I'd be happy for life...until something breaks down of course

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    ok just finished test driving the mclaren, i'd say this is literally the fastest car i've driven and i've driven a lot of cars including a couple of super cars. this car was even faster than my friends 800hp supra that can do 9.8sec quarter mile and feels so much stable that even going really fast makes you confident, even faster than a gt-r black edition and literally passed my brothers r8 like it was parked when we raced. i think my dad likes this one best because the ride is really smooth at normal mode and even has a better ride than his s550 but put it in sport mode then it becomes a totally different monster. handling was pretty great too i don't know why they say that the electronics interfere with your every move(maybe they didn't put it in sport mode?) yes the 458 handles a lot better but the ride is also much stiffer which my dad doesn't like, but the mclaren is no slouch also when it comes to handling plus it was more stable in high speeds compared to the 458. i think he'll get this one since he loved the volcanic orange color and the ride compared to the 458 plus it's much rare in our neighborhood in the states compared to a lambo(gallardo,murcielago,aventador), ferrari 458. but for me i think i'd go with the 458 since it handles better. drag racing i'm sure a lot of cars will have a hard time keeping up with the mclaren even the 458, i went 0-100mph in 5 seconds.

btw here's a couple of pics. i'll try to post more later including a video.

it looks much better in person than pictures

and here's a video against a gt-r black edition with mid pipe just to show how fast the mclaren is.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Never liked the looks of the Mclaren, nothing stunning as compared to the Ferrari. Same goes with the Lambo, yep, I may have a soft spot for Lamborghinis but the Gallardo is just ... meh. I'd rather have an R8 and a GTR instead.

But then, what do I know about their performance... I've never had one, I've never been in one... so I'd gladly have any of the three if given for free.

Btw, there's a dealer (grey market of course) that sells the Mclaren locally. I don't know how much is it, though.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Never liked the looks of the Mclaren, nothing stunning as compared to the Ferrari. Same goes with the Lambo, yep, I may have a soft spot for Lamborghinis but the Gallardo is just ... meh. I'd rather have an R8 and a GTR instead.

But then, what do I know about their performance... I've never had one, I've never been in one... so I'd gladly have any of the three if given for free.

Btw, there's a dealer (grey market of course) that sells the Mclaren locally. I don't know how much is it, though.
    we already have an r8 and GTR isn't really that great, besides being fast there's nothing else special about it. anyway at first i didn't like the mclaren also but when i saw it in person and drove it i'd gladly get this over the gallardo any day but against the 458 it's a different story.

in the philippines i'm sure it will be around 20-25M.

btw cars with over 400hp stock, in the street you can't really tell the difference which will be faster, you can only tell once you go at high speeds, on the track or drag race side by side. wether it's a c63 or a mclaren once you floor the gas pedal on the street, both feels like you're about to take off and can't tell which is faster until you look at the dash board. so any car that has that amount of hp on the street it won't matter since they will go ridiculously fast , it will only matter on the track.
    Last edited by foresterx; June 9th, 2012 at 10:31 AM.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    GT-R might be the next "super car ng masa" dito sa atin. For 7M kasi okay na yun performance niya eh.

Tsaka okay naman ang looks. Haha.

Pero dyan sa 3, syempre 458

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post

E di SIR ka na?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
lamborghini gallardo/ferrari 458 italia/mclaren mp4-12c