New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Hello I am new here, need lang ng advise since bibili ako ng 2nd hand car. Ive narrowed down my choice to either a honda civic 96/97 and a kia rio 2004 kasi budget ko is about 200-225k. Alin po kaya ang mas ok for city driving and occasional out of town trips. Ang hanap ko lang naman sana is ok ang fuel consumption, hindi ganun kamahalan ang maintenance and reliable. If you can also suggest other cars na pasok sa budget ok din. tnx in advance sa mga magbibiay ng payo.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Between the 2 I'd get the Civic. It's more spacious and more powerful, great handling and fuel economy as well. I think the 96-97 Accord will also fit in your budget as it has a lower resale value than the same generation Civic, there's also the Honda City Type-Z. As much as possible, get the variants with VTEC for best satisfaction. Happy car hunting!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    with your budget, I'd get a 99 corolla gli. younger age than your two choices, good fuel economy, easy to maintain. all these are true if you get one which is still in a nice condition.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Since you've already narrowed down to these two, I'll get the Rio.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Given the options, the Kia Rio.

But have you given other potential cars a good checking over? Example, Nissan Sentra?

Kia Rio 2004 or Honda Civic 96/97?