New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Also consider the need of your parents. Coming from a lynx PPVs could be too challenging for the folks to get in/out. I assume they are paying for it since you are still schooling.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    Yes they are the one's who shoulders everything in my life ... At first i was choosing between ciaz...yaris and tucson but when i showed my mom... She said. Pick the best you want because we'll only buy you 1 car for the next 5-7 years. . . . may inputs po ba kayo ng ciaz...

Sent from my H960 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 16r9 View Post
    Yes they are the one's who shoulders everything in my life ... At first i was choosing between ciaz...yaris and tucson but when i showed my mom... She said. Pick the best you want because we'll only buy you 1 car for the next 5-7 years. . . . may inputs po ba kayo ng ciaz...

You're lucky. I only got a corolla for college. I'd choose the Fortuner, well because it's a Toyota. I'd wait it out though since I read here that some units are having issues

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If getting a CUV, for 1.5M, it will be either a Forester 2.0i-L or CX5 2.0L Pro.

If you want something quick and fun to drive, you have the Civic 1.5L Turbo or Focus 1.5L Ecoboost or Mazda3 2.0R SkyActiv.

If you want a diesel SUV around 1.5M, you can opt for the Montero Sport or MU-X. The Everest AT and Fortuner AT are priced above 1.5M already.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Also consider the need of your parents. Coming from a lynx PPVs could be too challenging for the folks to get in/out. I assume they are paying for it since you are still schooling.

the guy is still in college (freshman, since he did say school service for 5 years) so i don't think his parents are old. Probably late 40s to early 50s. Kaya pa umakyat ng bundok nyan.

btt. 1 km lang layo ng bahay nyo sa school? And it's in the province so wala traffic? Had you considered using a bicycle?
    Ford everest trend 2.2 4x2 a/t (1.539M) or isuzu mux 3.0 lsa 4x2 a/t (1.428) fits your budget.
    Pasok pa din ang tucson (1.558M, add ka 58k) but why get a smaller crossover when you can get a medium sized suv?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    You're lucky. I only got a corolla for college. I'd choose the Fortuner, well because it's a Toyota. I'd wait it out though since I read here that some units are having issues

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    I'm still not sure what my dad is getting for himself... So I'm still crazy head... I will read some reviews of fortuner. And yes its a "toyota'' so maintenance will be less worry.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    the guy is still in college (freshman, since he did say school service for 5 years) so i don't think his parents are old. Probably late 40s to early 50s. Kaya pa umakyat ng bundok nyan.

btt. 1 km lang layo ng bahay nyo sa school? And it's in the province so wala traffic? Had you considered using a bicycle?
    Ford everest trend 2.2 4x2 a/t (1.539M) or isuzu mux 3.0 lsa 4x2 a/t (1.428) fits your budget.
    Pasok pa din ang tucson (1.558M, add ka 58k) but why get a smaller crossover when you can get a medium sized suv?
    If i use a bicycle I'd be sweating when i get into my classroom. Mainit din po kasi dito. Tapos dun sa 1km hindi pa po kasama campus dun.... My dad will be turning 41 this year.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 16r9 View Post
    If i use a bicycle I'd be sweating when i get into my classroom. Mainit din po kasi dito. Tapos dun sa 1km hindi pa po kasama campus dun.... My dad will be turning 41 this year.

Get a BRZ. Im sure you and your dad will be fighting over it.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Get a BRZ. Im sure you and your dad will be fighting over it.

Yea the brz is good. I'm planning to be a bachelor for at least 2 years after graduating. So the forte is one. It's just priced a million. Can't afford the brz coz I'm planning to save up for my future house while at process of financing a car. And maybe a coffee shop..

9. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Maybe i should get a yaris then minimize the term. 2-3 years. Do you guys think it's a good idea?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    A Jazz will be a better choice over the Yaris. It offers utility, space, and fuel efficiency for a subcompact hatchback.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Kia forte koup vs. Tucson gl or fortuner/everest