New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Guys,
    Medyo lumiit ang budget and now it boils down to the Carens EX and Nissan GL elegance road master. What do you suggest when it comes to performance reliability, maintenance? Thanks so much...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Carens CRDi ftw. :D

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Carens.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    I just visited Izusu kanina to check out the new Sportivo. Almost the same price with the Carens and parang mas ok yung package ng Sportivo because of the inclusions like headrest lcd monitor, rear camera, etc and considering the fuel consumption. Pero for sure medyo mas stiff and driving experience ng Sportivo. Now we are confused again, hehehe. Mas mataas ba resale value ng Sportivo compared to Carens? And if I will consider long term use(around 6-7 years) ano ang mas reliable? Thanks again for your opinions.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    at that price range, you might consider the basic innova J. diesel or gas. i tell you, it has much more passenger space than the kia or nissan. and higher water fording ability.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Guys which is more reliable ba, Carens or the Innova? Iniisip ko kasi sa Carens is the resale value and medyo luma na and modelo kaya I'm considering the Innova. Thanks.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Mas luma pa nga Innova eh, since 2005 pa yan...

Pero Innova is more practical overall. Get the Carens if you want superior diesel engine...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    innova ka na.

carens, and its bigger brother the carnival, are meant for people who like to travel in somewhat more luxurious interiors (like me, hehe).

since space, styling and luxury aren't major issues to you (but resale value is), then you cant go wrong with the innova. 6 years down the line people will still be wanting to buy the innova for its versatility. at mura yung innova na diesel, basic spec ha. parang bumili ka lang ng compact car.

given the money, i personally would go for the new carnival, short wheel base (swb) LX. kia gives deep discounts daw to cash buyers, and if you trade in your old car, they offer near average trade in rates (my boss traded in his '03 starex, he got 450K for it... just right in my opinion). and at the carnival's price range for the swb, at 1.2 mil, laki ng nadiskwento nya. parang bumili lang sya ng mid range spec innova or top range spotrtivo. di hamak naman na mas maporma carnival.

resale values... i wouldn't know. i usually dont buy vehicles for the resale because sa isip ko, gagamitin ko yung kotse for 10 years kasi yun yung time bago makapag renew ng car loan sa opis namin, hehe. so i choose the most value for money and the most luxurious vehicle i can afford.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Innova VVT-i. Still, up to now I couldn't trust the diesel technology of SOME Toyota's. The " fear " might got into me when the D4D issues were still hot back then.

Anyways, versatility, practicality hands down sa Innova. Looks aren't that bad and it's pretty cheap too. Weigh both of them yourself, look into it if you'll not be short of budget when you choose any of the two. Remember the insurance, lto reg., maintenance and fuel costs for the span of your ownership so you do really need the addt'l money.

Resale value, I still wouldn't know. The Carens has been just out around 2007 ( CMIW ) so units would not really be flooding up the 2nd hand market just yet.

The Innova however, would definitely have a good resale value considering it's brand Toyota.

To sum it all up, if you do really care a lot about the resale value ... the Innova will be your best bet. But if you want a diesel unit, get the Carens. I really wouldn't risk my money on a D4D Innova, I guess you know why.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    I'm leaning on GL for the following reasons

- lower price compared to Carens
    - dual airbags
    - luxurious interior

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Kia Carens EX vs. Nissan Grand Livina Elegance Road Master