New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Good day!

We have a budget of around 420k and we're thinking of buying either a 2004-2006 Jazz, Civic, Altis or Vios. Which do you think is the best car from the bunch.

This will be our first car and will be used for the commute to the office/school.

I would also like to ask what problems/repair do we need to expect from a 5-6 yr old car? Would it be better if we just go for the i10?

tnx

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    from the choices, ill go for the altis na lang, 2nd would be the jazz or civic. wag mo na isama yung vios. mas ok kung altis na lang, comfort driving pa.

for that age of the car, malapit na sa timing belt replacement, check compressor, at yung mga pangilalim. yung cooling system pacheck or linis na lang lalo na kung tap water lang nilalagay ng previous owner.

hope this helps

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    A new i10 is my pick. Not as roomy as the others but potentially much less headache especially for a newbie like you.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    when you say go for i10, meaning brand new one?
    if so, go for the i10.

But if you're really geared towards getting 2nd hand, my preference would be in Vios, then Jazz, Altis then last is Civic. at 420K, you'll get a fairly new Vios compared to a 420K Jazz. Altis/Civic at 420K is relatively old. marami ka ng uubusing pang maintain/parepair.

Just make sure you're getting the pre-owned ones from reputable sources AND that you have them checked by an expert mechanic(who you trust). do all the testing ng engine and test driving before shelling out some money.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Accdg to preference:

1. ) Hyundai i10 - its still best if its brand new, less headaches and stuff. Money to be spent is pretty much equal to those in 2nd hand. But do hyundai still sell i10's? AFAIK, they stopped selling it because of low sales count.

2. ) Civic ES - It`s pretty much better than those of corollas in terms of looks. But maintenance cost is a -1 for this.

3. ) Altis - What could I say? Its a toyota

4. ) Vios - Bigger than the jazz.

5.) Jazz - small but cute in someways.

HTH

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hindi sa mahina benta ng i10, malakas sa India kaya supply was diverted over there since there market is bigger than ours.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Thanks sa lahat ng nag-comment.

I think decided na kami sa brand new i10, pero tanong ko lang kung ok ba ang hyundai sa after-sales? Marami na rin bang available parts?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by para_po View Post
    Thanks sa lahat ng nag-comment.

I think decided na kami sa brand new i10, pero tanong ko lang kung ok ba ang hyundai sa after-sales? Marami na rin bang available parts?
    parts ummmmm...

my first choice of car is i10 over my Alto because it has smoother shifting, more space, more engine power, better looks but the parts availability for i10 back 4 months ago is a NO NO so I leaned to Alto. I don't know now, but hey its a brand new huwag ka munang magisip-isip ng parts hehe.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yup... no need to worry about parts for at least three or four years on a brand new car.

And the i10 has many parts that are likely backwards compatible with the Kia Picanto, which has been on sale for quite a while, already... so parts may not be that difficult to find.

-

As for the secondhand choices... Jazz or Vios, hands down... the Civic has a few issues... cam position sensor, gas tank strap... and the Corolla has its own quirks, too... sluggish transmission, weak shock absorbers...

Of the two, I prefer the Jazz. As long as you get a manual and not the problematic CVT. There are some minor trim and bushing issues, but everything else is solid, and it's a much more useful car than the Vios... what with the amazing interior space... and it drives better, too, in my opinion (as long as you get the second-generation Jazz with the revised suspension).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    good choice! brand new will almost always be better than a second hand. its a feeling you get driving your brand new i10 out of a hyundai dealer, that a second hand jazz or altis cannot provide.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Jazz, Civic, Altis, Vios or i10